Saturday, August 01, 2009

For the hell of it...


I am sitting here in my leggings and my tank top, the clothes that I slept in, and I have opened the back door, so Jesker can go out as it pleases him. He has been out there twice, but I don't know what he's done there. He is sleeping under the desk now and I don't know if he is expecting a walk. Sooner or later, I will have to get dressed, but I hope it is later, because I feel so lazy and not at all in the mood to do the responsible things I ought to be doing. That's because it is Saturday and it feels like a day off, almost as if it is Sunday.

I woke up this morning this morning with a terrible pain in my arm and my hand and had to move them in a certain position to get rid of it. I think I pinch some nerves during the night, as I very often sleep on my right side.It's no fun, anyway, and I do not look forward to those first movements. I very painfully move my arm and hand downward and straight and then all the feeling comes rushing back in and that hurts. During the day I have pain in my elbow and two fingers are a little numb. I'm just dragging this out for all the sympathy I can get, you see. It's no good suffering without an audience.

As usual, I'm completely unorganized today and am doing things at the wrong time of the day. I woke up at 11:30 am after going to bed early in the morning and then I didn't take my medicines until 1 pm, when I normally take my second dose. So I am behind myself. Now I'm sitting here writing this when I should be sweeping the floors, but I tell myself I like disorder, that I thrive on it and that it's the sign of a creative mind. God, I love the way I convinced myself of that just now.

I will always reign over a certain amount of chaos. It is in my nature to have it around me, because I don't care enough to clean it up when I should. I am not the creator of it, but I am also not the person who can be held responsible for setting it right. Except when my housewife hormones kick in and I suddenly think the vacuum cleaner is my very best appliance and I need to make love to it.

My plants are thriving, so that is a good sign and I've stopped drowning the ones with the cute little leaves, of which I don't remember the names. They are not losing their leaves anymore and have come back abundantly. I don't dare touch them, in case I do something wrong, but just water them sparingly once a week and that seems to do the trick. The fig plant is turning all of its leaves toward the sunlight that comes in through the window in the afternoon. It gulps water and can't get enough of it. I don't know what to think about the little hardy fern. It seems petrified, as if it is just sitting there doing nothing but looking somewhat green, but not producing any new leaves.I just let it sit there, unsure of what it needs. Sometimes it is all a mystery to me. It's a hit and run situation.

I've managed to make my tobacco last much longer than two weeks. Those are over now and I still have a whole pack left over that I haven't even started on yet, so I'm actually cheaper than I thought I was, which is a relief, because I thought I smoked a lot. I don't know how happy the tobacconist is going to be with that, after all he has to live on my bad habit, but I'll also buy some trash bags when I'm in there next and that ought to make him happy, and some stamps. I must not forget them.

I have not yet found a way to reduce my photos in size. I'll have to ask the Exfactor how he does it. I did open up the photo alteration program, but saw no way to reduce the photos in size. It has a program that is similar to Photoshop built in, so that is very handy. I have to figure out all the ins and outs of that one still.

It's very funny when you install a new browser on your computer. You become a little bit obsessed with all of its possibilities, but when you can't get something to work, no matter how insignificant, it will bother you to no end, and you will think about the solution forever. I can't get it to accept my wallpaper when it just should and I don't know why, so I have to solve that mystery.

Well, I suppose I'll put on some clothes and comb my hair. Maybe Jesker will want to go for a walk. It's a nice day out, not too hot, but pleasant.

I must sweep floors, if it's the last thing I do. These were my last famous words.

Ciao...

P.S. I just got it to accept my wallpaper. Yippee!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate waking up with an ache too. I didn't think I slept in odd positions, and PG has never mentioned it, but about once a week there is some weird pain somewhere in my body. If yours is persistent, I hope you get it checked out.

And speaking of sweeping floors, I FINALLY vacuumed mine. But they still need to be washed. And I am still avoiding that chore!

Maggie May said...

I like those photos that size, Irene. The one of Jesker today & the cat yesterday are really lovely.

I often wake up with pain in my arm & hands & sometimes numbness. I think it is to do with pressure on a nerve, possibly from neck or spine. It soon passes. Notice how I am not giving you any sympathy! LOL!
G/night X

Babaloo said...

I'm sure you're pinching a nerve at night. Could you try sleeping on your left side for a bit or your back maybe?

It's good to hear that you're not smoking as much as you thought you did. I'm sure the tobacconist will be able to make up for that loss through the other things you buy there.

Have a good Sunday tomorrow!

Wisewebwoman said...

You sound as if you've climbed back in the saddle, Irene, I hope your day went well. Here it is foggy/misty/grey but hot, the hot is unusual. I dislike hot.
My plans were cancelled so have been at a bit of a loosish end.
I had a long nap this afternoon which I needed to catch up on all the missed sleep of last week.
XO
WWW

Maureen said...

Years ago I injured my neck in a car accident. Ever since, I have had to be very careful how I sleep; some nights the feeling leaves one entire arm if I am on my wrong side.

I hope you find the cause of your pain so you can avoid it in the future!