Monday, August 03, 2009

Refreshed again.

I took my somewhat worn out and very sore body to creative therapy on my bike this morning, and let me tell you, riding my bike was a job and a half, because I really felt my sore back and on my bike also I kept leaning to the left, making me want to drift into the road. Luckily, it is just a short distance that I have to go and I didn't cause any accidents.

The people out on the smoker's deck were happy to see me, but misinterpreted my tired and pain reflected face as it going very badly with me and were all concerned about me, so I had to quiet the waters there a bit first and reassure them that I was okay, even after not having been there for a week, which they were curious about, but tried not to be.

I saw the head therapist and we made an appointment to talk during the break.

Then I went to the studio and talked to the therapist there about my absence and I explained myself to her a bit, so she would understand where I was coming from. She wanted to know about my appointments with my SPN and the head therapist and said that it was important that I have those. I reassured her that I had those appointments and that I was in touch with my SPN.

I started to make a collage, but it didn't turn out very well, because I had a hard time sitting on the chair comfortably.

At break time I talked to the head therapist and I told her about my rapid cycling and her concern was that when I stopped therapy, there would be nobody to pick up and point out my moods to me. I am hypo or am I depressed? Anyway, we agreed on 3 half days of therapy a week, which is what I wanted and she thought it was a good idea. She also told me to go home and sleep for a while, which I did for 4 hours and I felt much better when I woke up, except for my blooming back.

I am taking mega doses of paracetamol for it, because the pills from the doctor don't work one bit, but those are anti inflammatory and maybe that is why.

I am keeping this short, because of my back, I have a hard time sitting here and typing for a long time.

Just wanted you to know that basically everything worked out okay.

Have a good evening!



Elaine said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon, Irene x

Babaloo said...

Oh, maybe you did overdo it a bit with the cleaning. Hope you feel better soon!

Glad you got your therapy schedule sorted out the way you wanted to.

Maggie May said...

As a sufferer myself (of back problems, you do have my sympathy.
I think you overdid the cleaning. Little & often is a good thing and walking is also good therapy.

Catherine said...

Now I see why you were up so late last night when I was on Facebook -you have done a lot of blogging in the past 24 hours, I really hope you feel better and that you get some rest for your back. It's a bank holiday weekend here and lashing rain, I was moved to blog about weather today! You are very artistic in many ways, sculpting, painting, writing - keep the creative muse alive!

Frances said...

glad you discussed it and a sensible decision has been made. Rest that back. You have been cleaning like a demon.

Gail said...

You play, you pay so I guess when you work, you pay more dearly! Glad the meeting all worked out and you have a schedule that is not so overwhelming.

Enjoy your new found freedom.

Maureen said...

So sorry to hear about your back! Do take care and I hope it resolves itself soon.

Also glad to hear you found a happy medium to your therapy schedule. Sometimes too much of anything isn't good.

Wisewebwoman said...

/take care of that poor aching body Irene and I;m so glad you had 'the chat'.