Sunday, August 09, 2009

Overcompensation.

Í'm afraid that the halt I've screeched to has been a little bit to abrupt, and I now find myself at the opposite end of hypo mania, namely in the doldrums. I've laid around on the sofa a lot today, doing not much more than drowsing and smoking cigarettes and eating on occasion when I thought of it. I'll be so happy when I get to go to the store tomorrow, not because I look forward to grocery shopping itself, but because I can buy some food that I'm awfully fond of and that my body seems to crave right now. I need carbohydrates like a plant needs water and I'm planning to stock up on them. I had some soup, but it was very unsatisfactory and did not do the trick at all.

I'm as wrung out as a dishcloth and I have no extra energy, but hanging around on the sofa gets old after a while, so I took Jesker for a walk. I should say, he took me for a walk, I just sort of followed him, because he knows where to go.

I'm even daring to drink a cup of regular coffee to get me more activated, but all I want to do is lie down on the floor and never get up again. I can't seem to find a happy medium. I'm now drinking a tall glass of juice. I'm doing whatever I can to get energy in my body. I've heard that sugar is good for the brain.

I have to prepare the trash in a little while and get that ready to put out in the street. Always one of my favorite jobs. The other alternative is to wait a week with it, which is a possibility because the bag is not full yet. No, that's the easy way out. I'll fill that bag.

I think I will go to sleep early tonight. Hopefully nobody will get it in their head to call me tonight, because that would be awful. I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow and I hope that I can manage everything. Well, I just have to. I wish I had a wife,

Well, this was just a sign of life to let you know how I am doing now. As you can see, I've overcompensated.

Ciao...

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hang in there, Irene. I am right there under the snake's belly with ya.

Babaloo said...

Oh, bother. Maybe it helps a bit to know that it's Sunday and you're allowed to do absolutely nothing all day if you feel like it?

Hope you'll swing back towards the middle soon. I usually find that pets are a good helper in that because they always want something or need you to do something, even if it's only opening a tin.

Maureen said...

Yes, Sundays are supposed to be lazy days.... so just rest. My fingers are crossed that tomorrow you will feel much better.

Take care,

Elaine Denning said...

Yes, fingers crossed for tomorrow, Irene. (Well, that'll be today now.) Don't forget to pick up that phone and use it if you need to. x