Sunday, August 16, 2009

Taking the opportunity...


While my friend Joost is still asleep, I'll try and put some sort of post together. It's funny, but when there is someone else in the apartment, you feel that you don't quite have the freedom to do things the way you normally do them. While Joost is the easiest guest possible and would not be bothered at all by me sitting here behind the computer. I guess it just comes down to what I am comfortable with.

Yesterday I got all the cleaning done in no time at all, with time to spare and visit with the Exfactor who came by to pick up the bill from the vet. He is doing really well, by the way, and I think he is happy, although he dresses differently than he used to, but I suppose that's the new him. Subconsciously, we all have influence on each other and I guess I had influence on the way he dressed. I guess I dress differently too now. He is doing well in his life and I don't think he has any regrets, so that is good. I have no regrets either, so in the end all things worked out well.

I did the grocery shopping in a very busy supermarket, because I did not get there early in the morning like I had initially planned, but they always open many check out stands, so I didn't have to wait in line too long.

When I got home, and had the groceries put away, I laid down on the sofa for just a minute and promptly fell asleep, only to wake up an hour later, because I thought I heard the outside door bell ring, which, of course, turned out to be Joost, who came bearing a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

The first thing we do for a couple of hours, is talk and there is no end to it. We always have so much to tell each other. Then we walked the dog and ate dinner and after dinner I tried to stay awake, but I kept dozing off, and I woke up at 11 pm with the TV turned down low and Joost gone to bed. I guess I wasn't very exciting company. I took my medicines and went straight back to sleep.

I woke up early this morning and read and answered my emails and answered some Bookmooch requests, giving me more points to spend on books. Maggie May had suggested a few books and one of them was available and I asked for that one and now I'm waiting to hear about it. The other one was not available so I put it on my wish list, but I also looked it up at Bol.com to get it later.

I find that books recommended to me by firends are usually good books and well worth reading and it's a good way to add to your list of literature to read. Providing those friends are in any way a bit similar to you in their likes and dislikes.

Well, now I have to end this epistle, because my house guest has awoken and I have to be sociable.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Ciao...

9 comments:

Around My Kitchen Table said...

You have a great Sunday too! I have a little circle of family and friends who all have similar tastes in books. We pass them around and when everyone's read them, give them to a charity shop.

Maggie May said...

I hope you like the books Irene. It is a responsibility when you recommend books to people you think you have things in common with (but in reality might not!)
Anyway, hope you have a really good time with your friend.
In the end..... life does seem to work out even though we find it hard to adjust to new situations at first. Especially when they are not always pleasant or easy to bear.
X

John M. Mora said...

Have agreat day, my friend....

Gail said...

Nothing like a house guest to liven things up, enjoy, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday Irene! Enjoy your time with your guest, have great conversation and lots of laughter.

Good luck with the book hunting. I am always on the look out too.
XXXX

Irene said...

Kitchen Table, passing books around until everyone has read them is a great idea, that's about as good as bookmooch,and giving them to charity is fantastic.

How about you leave me an amil address through my profile so I can answer you directly like I do with the rest of the commenters?

VioletSky said...

Am so glad that both you and exfactor have found that life has turned out well afterall.

Now, whatever is left of your Sunday, ENJOY!

laurie said...

what a pleasant, pleasant day.

Wisewebwoman said...

All has worked out well, Irene, you apartment clean, food in the fridge, friend in the bedroom and peace between you and EF.
let's celebrate!
XO
WWW