Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another Bright Day.

I have been up for a while, but at first couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the show on the road properly, until I realized that I was drinking decaf coffee. Now, you can't tell me that that doesn't make a difference. So I very hastily made a mug of regular coffee and drank that and now I am functioning the way I should. Boy, I was worried there for a while. I thought, "Now what, what in the world is wrong with me?" As if I hadn't had enough to worry about.

Now I am sitting here quite contentedly enjoying the quiet hours of the early morning and all is well with the world. The Überhund tried to talk me into giving him many treats, but I ignored him completely and finally told him him a firm No when he wouldn't let up and now he is sleeping on his blanket, no doubt feeling very neglected and misunderstood.
Sometimes he behaves like a spoiled child, but I suppose I can only blame myself for that, because I can be such a push over and he can be very persistent.

I had ordered some boots on line the other day and they arrived yesterday. I got them on sale and paid for them with the money that my older sister sent me for Christmas. They are very nice and I am very happy with them. They are half length boots and have one strap across the instep. They are dressy enough to wear with skirts and dresses, so I can wear them all the time. I will probably wear them out this winter, as I seem to wear out all of my shoes and boots in one season. It has something to do with my uneven hips and the uneven length of my legs.

Anyway, it's nice to have new boots to wear and I like these especially, because they hardly have any heels and are very comfortable to walk in.

On Monday I managed to find more Christmas cards and sent another bunch on their way. I went to a drugstore and they had all of their cards on sale already. Then I went to the textiles store in the hope of finding something at a very good bargain, but there was nothing I would have liked to wear at any price. It pays to go in there every once in a while, because you never know what you may find there, but you have to be careful to not buy something that looks cheap, even though it is, if you get my drift.

There was a long line at the little post office in the grocery store and I waited patiently to buy my stamps. Everyone in line seemed resigned to the fact that they had to be patient and wait. There was no grumbling anyway. I wonder how that one postal worker doesn't get overwrought when faced with such a long line of people. It's good to see that so many people still send Christmas cards, though.

This morning I have ergo therapy and I am looking forward to it, given that my present mood persists. After this, there will not be any therapy until January the 2nd. I don't know how tough that is going to be yet, but I'll make the best of it and a lot depends on my state of mind. My state of mind depends on how well my medication works and and I'll know in a few days how that works out.

I do know that right now I feel very good and could just about tackle anything. Nothing seems daunting to me now and I feel pretty fearless. I do want to write that down especially in case I want to look back at that later in the day. You can all be witness to the fact that I stated this.

Now I am going to hang up and see what other sort of trouble I can get into at this hour of the day. There probably isn't that much I can do, but then there is always early morning TV. Oh yes. I get BBC Prime, not BBC 1 and 2, I think that's a darn shame, unless someone tells me that BBC Prime is good. Then I promise to pay better attention.

Okay, that's it.

Ciao...

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

There we go.... first again!
You sound just like your old self today, which I am very pleased about.
Yesterday, I seemed to be suffering palpitations (of the heart) all evening and I was worried enough to look in the medical book for advice! I identified that I had been tea drinking all day! Too much caffeine! Thought I'd tell you what can happen if you have too much! (Coffee in your case!) Will cut it down today!

Have a good day today, Irene.
Happy Christmas is I don't make it back to you in time tomorrow.
Have such a lot to do now. X

lebanesa said...

Sounding good, hope it continues through the day. I wonder if you will get any "homework" to tide you over the holiday and keep you occupied. I suppose you could do some art and creative work at home anyway, after all you don't have to clear anything up and can leave things around till you finish projects. You are a highly intelligent woman with an active mind and probably need to keep it busy with things to do and places to go.
the boots sound great. Have a good day and keep well
hugs
xxx

Babaloo said...

I have to admit I don't have a clue what BBC Prime is. I get the other BBCs here, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I'm sure you'll use the time off therapy to your heart's content. Frances had a good idea there, I think!

CC said...

I am happy for you today Irene, you are in good spirts and ready to take on the world, the old you is back and that is wonderful. I also want to wish you a very very Merry Christmas and a healthy happy New Year! I just love reading you! (I had to add that...LOL)

laurie said...

excellent, irene! happy to hear that you and your therapist figured this out and you're feeling better.

merry christmas!