Monday, December 29, 2008

Awake again.


I just woke up from a nice long nap on the sofa and the Überhund thinks that this is a good opportunity to beg my attention for something good to eat in the form of a treat. I am undecided what to do now, because he hasn't done anything to deserve it and he has a bowl full of food that he is ignoring. I think I need to be very strict and ignore him until he starts to eat from his bowl of food. He sure is laying it on thick, though. You'd think I was a very cruel person for treating him so badly. I think he has been spoiled too often.

For some reason, I thought I had an appointment with my SPN this afternoon and I got myself all ready to go and just before I left I checked my agenda again and saw that the appointment was tomorrow. So there I was, all gussied up with no place to go. Instead of that, I did the dishes and cleaned my computer desk. That was somewhat gratifying too.

Luckily, I had no pressing problems on my mind that I absolutely needed to talk about and that could not wait. Since I am back on my original antipsychotic medication, I have been feeling so good, that I feel blessed every day that goes by without an incident. I feel so very lucky in knowing that I am taking the best medication there is for me and that it works so well. I will never take those little orange tablets for granted again. As if I ever did, really.

Within the next two days I am changing Internet providers, but if things don't go exactly according to plan, it is possible that I may be off line for a day or so. I hope this is not going to happen and I have been assured that it won't, but you never know. So, if I'm not here, you know where I am. In a frustrated place. I am feeling just the tiniest amount of stress about this, but I must remember not to worry about it, because it is only Internet after all, it is not a life support system, ha, ha.

Well, that's my little simple message for this evening. For the more riveting stuff, I refer you to this morning's post.

Have a good night.

Ciao...

8 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

I hope the internet change-over goes smoothly Irene. I've got to do this soon and have been putting it off.

Have a peaceful evening:-)

Stinking Billy said...

irene, two things, I love the way you always get to speak with the agents of ISP's and, 2, I love even more your dismissal of the "Not a matter of life and death", with 'Ha Ha!" Cool, baby, ice cool! x

Stinking Billy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie May said...

Have just got in after a very long day in Birmingham visiting my daughter's mother in law & then we stopped off at a bowling alley so the kids could let off steam for a bit.

I already thanked you on your last post for changing the red background on your post, though I don't expect you to do that for me as it is your blog!!!!!!
Have a good night, Irene X

Babaloo said...

I totally agree on your assessment of the treat situation. Treats are treats, they're not food. Most of them aren't even designed to be regular food. (Check the box, most of them say something along the lines of "give up to X daily".) He should get a treat if he does something well. And his food is his food. I totally agree, he's been spoilt a bit too much!
And I hope the change over goes well and that we all won't even notice it's happening. That's the way it should work at least...

Maureen said...

I do hope your changeover is smooth and without issue. Thanks for the heads up though. It would have been worrying not to hear from you.

If you are offline, let me wish you a Happy New Year now. Here's to a great 2009, with lots of new posts to read! All the best my friend!

(Whoo Hoo! I am caught up now!!!!) ;)

Femin Susan said...

Hi......
Your blog is really interesting... Keep posting.... Wishing you " A Happy New Year''

CC said...

I have the same problem with my three dogs, they want a treat just to be quiet when I am on the phone for example! Spoiled, oh yes, but what can I do now.

I am sure you will have no problem withthe internet switch and look forward to your next post...as I alwaus do.