Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Figured that out...

Well, today I finally figured out what was going on with the new Internet provider. I called them up again and got someone sensible on the line and she explained what was happening. It seems they have 3 systems and in one of their systems I showed up as having my application canceled and that was why the installation packet was not showing up, which consists of a new modem and a connection for the telephone. All will be resolved, it will just be a little bit later than I had planned.

In the mail today came the official end of services letter from my old provider stating that their services may not end exactly on the date we had agreed on, so I'm thinking maybe I will have their connection a few days longer, which would be good. So keep your fingers crossed on that one.

Slowly by little, things are starting to make sense and I have to tell you that this whole thing has bothered me to no end, as I don't do well with changes in my environment and especially not with changes that don't go smoothly. All along I knew something was not right and I was worried sick about it. I think I was having a little nervous breakdown about it. I said as much to my SPN today and she agreed with me. I am not going to do anything remotely like this again for a long time. Everything that can stay put, is staying put.

As you can see, I have a new keyboard brought to me by the magnificent Exfactor himself, who is now in the arms of his Paramount getting ready to ring in the New Year. Well, let them, I don't wish them anything good. I am not that kind.

The Exfactor had brought the Überhund an aluminum dish of wet food and the Überhund liked it very much. This was after I had tried to feed him his chunky, meaty food this morning, which he did not want for whatever reason. I tried to hand feed him, but he would have none of it. So, I gave him the wet food and he ate it in 2 minutes flat. After that, there was not a peep out of him for the rest of the day, so I went to the store and bought more of it.

I gave him another dish of it tonight and he loved it and again, he is very satisfied and has not begged for a treat yet. I don't know if this is the solution, but I am willing to give it a try. Anything to get him to eat and be satisfied and full.

I also took him to the vet tonight and one eye is completely better and the other eye is nearly so, but may never become completely better again. Still, we are going to continue treating it. So I have another tube of eye gel to apply twice a day.

I am now going to watch TV after I have put on my pajamas and my bathrobe and hopefully good things will be on tonight. After all, it is New Year's Eve and something good has to be on TV.

I am wishing you all the best for 2009 and I hope all your wishes for the new year come true.

Ciao....

33 comments:

Babaloo said...

Irene, it may be that the Überhund has problems with his teeth, seeing that he ate the wet food so fast. I think someone else suggested this in previous comments but I don't know who. You should get him checked out at the vet's.

Why are you getting a new modem? Does your computer not have a built in one? Or don't you have your own already? Strange. But, all is well, as long as there's no interruption in your internet connection!

Happy New Year!

lebanesa said...

All the best for the New Year.
I am not sure if we will go out and count down the seconds in town at midnight. It is pretty cold and too tempting to stay inside, drink our bubbly and keep warm and watch Jools Holland's Hootenany.
My daughter is going out of course, they are going to be hanging around downtowm like teenagers love to do until the countdown and then we'll find out how many young people are stranded and coming to sleep over here.
Ah youth!

Grit said...

here are good wishes for a fulfilling and interesting journey through 2009, irene! and i hope there is laughter along the way, too!

VioletSky said...

Irene: Are you still up? Happy New Year to you. Hope you get to keep the internet connection

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years, Irene! May the new year hold only wonderful and peaceful times.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the internet servies. I hate when that happens!!

XOXOXOX

Maureen said...

Happy New Year to you to!!!! We still have six hours to go, and I am spending it quietly blogging and watching TV, safe out of the extreme cold.

All the best to you in 2009!

Minnesota Matron said...

Oh my! Your blog is pretty, my dear. Happy 2009!

Maggie May said...

I am all for "letting sleeping dogs lie" when it comes to computers and "better the devil you know"
Hope you understand these expressions that we have over here. I don't like messing with my computer in case I get out of my depth & end up without the ability to blog.
Just as well you are more enterprising than me.

I was the one who suggested that the Uberhund might have tooth problems. It now looks as though this might be the cause or he might just be a picky eater, like my grandson!

Happy new Year, dear friend X

Lane Mathias said...

Happy New Year Irene. I hope the internet changeover now goes smoothly.

Also, given the choice, my dogs would always choose wet food over dry, probably because they can scoff it quicker and it smells stronger. I prefer them to have kibble though and I put a bit of thin gravy on it.

Gone Back South said...

Glad to hear the shift key and uberhund are on the mend! Happy new year to you Irene - I hope this year brings good things to you.

CC said...

Irene, as always, the very best to you and hears hoping your New Year is filled with wonderful experiences, happy times, pleasure, and contentment in all your days.

The Überhund may have bad teeth as a few others suggested, but he did eat dry out of your hand until the wet food arrived on the scene. My three dogs only eat dry, but given the option of the dry or wet they would always take the wet. I do know feeding your pet only wet food will ultimately deteriorate their teeth, they need some dry to remove the tarter buildup.

Wisewebwoman said...

Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit!
(An Irish blessing for you, Irene)

And many more!!!

XO

WWW

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

If it isn't his teeth perhaps try mixing the canned food with the dry. I used to do that a lot. It works.

Happy New Year

Coco

Breakfast in California said...

Happy New Year! Life will be fine in 2009! Still New Year's Day here, but, as always, you're ahead into a different day.

lebanesa said...

Hope your internet connection gets sorted quickly.
hugs

Stinking Billy said...

irene, I'm with Frances, looks like your new ISP is having the New Year period off, eh? Hurry back, sweet lady. x

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Irene. You went through a lot in 08 and I hope 09 brings you many blessings.

I hope Uberhund is feeling better:)

Elaine Denning said...

Happy New Year, Irene! May all your days be happy ones and may your internet provider send you the bloody modem! xxx

Maggie May said...

Hope you are OK, Irene. Talk to us! X

VioletSky said...

I'm hoping this absence is due to damn internet problems.....?

Missing you, and getting a wee bit concerned.

John M. Mora said...

hey, its jo.hn - miss ya tuned words and thoughts.

Big new year hug....

Maureen said...

Hoping to hear from you soon... fingers crossed it's just your connection that is keeping you silent.

All the best!

laurie said...

haven't heard from you in a while, irene. i hope you're ok and it's just problems with the Internet.

i got your christmas card! i loved it. thank you. now i have to find someone to translate all those dutch words.

happy new year. check in when you can.

Anonymous said...

I apologise for my lateness but I am sending my love and best wishes to you for 2009 and hoping life will be less challenging. Thank you for allowing us to join you on your most interesting journey of a wonderful life.

CJ xx

Leon1234 said...

Hey, how are you doing today?

Bev said...

A belated New Year!

Hope all is going well. X

John M. Mora said...

Irene, came by - hope you are well.

Mya said...

Happy New Year Irene!
You haven't posted for a while...I hope all is well...perhaps you are still having internet probs. I sympathise enormously.Bloody technology. Aaaaggghhhhh. Go and kick something...not the dog, though.
Mya x

Elaine Denning said...

I bet you're tearing your hair out! Can't you get to the library, Irene, and let us know you're ok?

Damn. You can't read that, can you? LoL.

Come back soon. x

Breakfast in California said...

I've heard from Irene's child that the new Internet connection hasn't been completed, so she's without service. She should be back online soon.

Maureen said...

Breakfast in California: Oh, thank goodness... I was getting really, really worried....

Thank you so much for letting us know!

Miss you terribly Irene!

Mean Mom said...

Well, I've returned after my short absence and now you've disappeared. I think that your disappearance must be due to internet problems - hope it's nothing worse, anyway.

I've never had a dog, so don't know anything about their diets and stuff. I do have 3 cats, who are terribly fussy, however. I suppose dogs can be the same way?

We changed our keyboard, recently, as the letters had worn off and then we couldn't connect to, or even find, the internet. My husband had to reload something or other, but then we couldn't type the letter 'f'. Crazy or what?

Hope you're back online very soon.

John M. Mora said...

on the thirteenth day of Christmas my internet provider gave to me....