Friday, December 19, 2008

Picture and Award.

I am sitting here with a nice mug of coffee after I have just woken up from a nice nap on the sofa. I was watching CNN News for a change, but it did not prevent me from falling asleep. I don't know about you, but I find CNN News a strange phenomenon with all those Kens and Barbies who cheerfully present the world events as if they are nothing but equally casual bits of tidbits of unimportant information. I wonder how they would present the end of the world...and now back to you, Ken.

It has come to my attention that you all would like to see a picture of me with my glasses on and since I can't ignore that request, I took a bunch of photographs of myself today and tried to look as friendly as I could. I deleted a bunch of them and then was left with a couple to choose from. I hope I picked the best one to show you, because here it is.

I don't think it is the most flattering picture of me, but I am not in the mood to sit and take a hundred photographs in order to get the best one. That would be rather obsessive.

I was also given a reward by the lovely Diane, which I really appreciate and which is this one here.

Now, I already have this one, and I think I have already handed it out, but that doesn't spoil the fun.

So, this was just a little in between post. I must go and walk the Überhund now.

Ciao...

10 comments:

Maureen said...

Aw, great photo Irene! Your specs look similar to mine. Very nice photo.

VioletSky said...

Looking good. Your specs suit you.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh I want them, Irene!
I notice we have same shaped face and similar colouring. And what I really like about them is the fact they don't look like glasses, they fade into your face if you know what I mean.
Excellent.
XO
WWW

Mad Asthmatic said...

lovely photo, the glasses look really good on you.

MA

John M. Mora said...

wanna dance....

Maggie May said...

You look really good in specs, Irene.

Grit said...

they look great and you look very sophisticated!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful photo! I LOVE the new glasses, the fact that you can see so much better is an extra bonus (ha). you look so pretty, so stylish....I wish I could put an outfit together like that.
Keep snuggling, staying warm and smiling. Back to you Ken.....you make me laugh out loud. What a gift of writing you have.
XOXOXOXO

lebanesa said...

lovely photo, Irene, your glasses are great, understated and help us to see those naughty blue eyes even better.

Glad the exfactor did come round.
About people telling you things, Irene, they trust you very much and feel relaxed enough to drone on and not worry about niceties... LOL - a bit boring sometimes, but I think it is a compliment to you that they do speak as they do.
Enjoy your relaxing day, keep warm and look after yourself.
Hope you find some nice cards. We have run out of reasonable ones, it's last posting day, so I'm afraid some of my friends are going to get the awful dregs of those collections I bought over the years and haven't wanted to send LOL

I hope they think I'm doing it for a laugh and not that I have gone completely senile.

Babaloo said...

You look great with the glasses!

But, 12 litres of milk?!?! What the heck. That would last me for about a month. If I don't have any hot chocolate, that is. :-)