Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Relief.

I am in a good frame of mind right now, so I thought I would write a quick post, as we may have found a solution to my problem.

I went to see my SPN this morning and had e very tearful session in which I let my heart speak and told her all the bad things that were on my mind and together we tried to find a solution. We tossed around all sorts of ideas, but I was feeling kind of hopeless and could really not see the forest for the trees.

Finally I said, "Could it be the new medication?" and she said that she had just been thinking the same thing. She promised to talk to my psychiatrist and call me at home if he was of the opinion if maybe that was the problem.

She called me this afternoon to tell me that they think that the new antipsychotic is not working for me and is causing me to have these extremely depressive moods and my psychiatrist made some crucial phone calls and, because of absolute medical necessity, has gotten permission for me to go back to my original antipsychotic medication, for which I won't have to pay a penny. Isn't that a wonderful thing? He must have twisted some arms to get that done, so I am very grateful.

I picked up the medication this afternoon and already took one pill and will take another one tonight. It will take a few days for it to build up in my system, but I should be in better shape soon.
So, I just wanted you to know that and to hope with me that there maybe is light at the end of the tunnel.

Ciao...

12 comments:

Wild Cat said...

Good news :o)

Hope you have a Merry Christmas x

John M. Mora said...

My best, Irene....

Lane Mathias said...

So glad to hear that Irene. Been a bit worried.

Brilliant that you don't have to pay for it.

Merry Christmas to you, the Uberhund and the cats:-)

lebanesa said...

Oh, dear one, so glad to hear this. The amount of worry we virtual friends have had recently must have been as nothing to your own worries about all of this.
Good for your support team - they came through again.
I am keeping everything crossed that you will adjust back to these much faster and be feeling more positive and able to face the world - like the therapy, too many things at the wrong time. Changing meds in mid-winter sounds like another thing that isn't a good idea for you. It is your down time anyway.
BUT the most positive thing is that you have got it sorted, been active and dealt with it. Thank God for that side of your personality. That Dutch, no nonsense side is a real boon. So I say YAY you!
Keep well
keep posting, keep drinking that coffee and keep telling us your joys and fears.
Love and Christmas cheer to you and yours
hugs
xxxx

CC said...

Tha fantasic news!!!

Excellent as well that you get it at no charge.

Hope you, the Uberhund, as well as your cats have a VERY Merry Christmas.

Maggie May said...

I guessed that is what it was. Brilliant news, Irene...... just keep hanging on and you will be OK. X

Bev said...

You are depressed because you have been through shit and are sitting in the house thinking about it all the time.

I've been through utter shit too, but have managed to be happy since then. That is when I got out of the house and was social.

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!DO THINGS!!!

If I can do it so can you, because I bet any money I'm a lot madder than you are....

VioletSky said...

Your post title says it for you and all of us who care about you.

Breakfast in California said...

I'm glad your doc got the meds for you and hope they get into your system quickly.

Wish I could fix you some poached eggs!

Have a good Holiday and an even better 2009!!! Hugs!!

Elaine Denning said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible time you've been having over the last few days. But their agreement to let you go back onto your original medication is fantastic! I'm so pleased for you and hope this will bring an end to your darkest of days.

I'm wishing you a peaceful and warm Christmas Irene, with some smiles, happiness and festive fun all thrown in. x x x

Babaloo said...

I am so relieve to hear that! It was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the posts from the last few days I was thinking it was a mighty coincidence for you to feel so bad now just after changing medication.
I'm so glad you don't have to pay for your original medication! What a lovely Christmas present!

Maureen said...

Wow, I am so glad to read this (albeit quite late, I am sorry).

What great news! I do hope the old meds solve the problem.

Back to catching up on reading now.