Tuesday, November 25, 2008

To the vet again...

The Überhund and I have been to the vet again. Luckily, the vet is right around the corner, so it is the same as taking him for a walk, so no extra effort for me. I huff and puff and get there in the end. Well, it isn't quite that bad.

We had to wait in the waiting room as there were three couples with cats ahead of us and the poor Überhund just wanted to run out the front door. He pulled at his leash and his whole body was shaking, so I kept him close to me and tried to settle him down as much as possible.

Luckily, some people came in with a Jack Russell and that provided some distraction for the Überhund and made the time go by quicker. He almost forgot to be scared and almost stopped shaking. When the vet came to get us, he very obediently followed me into the examining room, but once he was in there, he sat by the door and wanted to leave again as quickly as possible.

I had used up all the eye drops and his eyes were a little bit better, but the vet wasn't happy yet and now has put him on an ointment that I have to apply twice a day and then go see him again next week. You can see how the Überhund's eyes are still very red and inflamed, so they are definitely not better. Poor guy, I hope he is going to be okay in the end and that this is not going to be a chronic problem.

The thing I am happy about is that he doesn't seem to be in pain like he was before when he was constantly rubbing his eyes. He was very good for the vet, by the way, and allowed him to do everything that needed to get done. He's a good dog. He's a good vet.

While I am writing this, I am listening to dEUS, which is a Belgian band with out of this world music. I am listening to one of my play lists at Deezer, which I can heartily recommend going to. It's fun to look up artists and put together play lists that you can listen to any time you are in the mood. I sometimes forget to turn on the music and sit here in complete silence and then I wonder why I can't find any sort of rhythm in my typing. If I were young and was going to be a groupie, I would be one to dEUS. Either that one or Massive Attack.

Since I am not young and since grandmothers can't be groupies, I will just sit here and listen to their music instead and pretend I am young at heart and foot loose and fancy free.

I will tell you how sore I am today. I am so sore that I've not put on any make up. Can you believe that? I have an unmade up face, naked and all. No eyebrows and no eyelashes. That's how I've gone out into the world, even to that dishy vet. I just didn't give a hoot. I was too sore to care.

The Exfactor came and got the groceries for me, thank goodness. He can be such a help. It really would have been too much for me to do. He has promised to come back later in the week to see if I need anything else. He has also hooked up my new Digitenne for the TV, so now I have 27 Channels plus radio channels. I am sure I would have figured it out on my own, but he had done it himself for his own TV, so it was done in no time at all. It only needed two phone calls to the help desk for what turned out to be two silly little things.

My sweet dog is laying by my feet. If I make a wrong move, I'll run over him with my chair. I got the feeling that he was so proud of himself when we got home from the vet and I spoke to him in high praise. I gave him a treat and told him how well he had done and, of course, I'm convinced that he understands everything I say to him. I always think of him as a three year old child and treat him accordingly. He has some sense, but not always that much, but he means well.

For some reason, I always get the idea that the cats are much smarter, although they may in fact not be at all, but that may be because they seem more independent and seem to have made up their own minds about that. Like they are making the statement that they can manage just fine without me, thank you very much. They come and go as independent creatures who have an agenda that they live by that has nothing or little to do with me. They make up their own minds about their life style and it just happens to include me, because I am the food and drink provider. I know they like me and they let me know that about three times a day, but they don't wag their tail and bark when they see me and think I am the center of their universe. Therefor I think I am a cat, really, because that's how I behave. I would never make someone's loyal dog.

Concerning this poll I've put up, I know I've screwed it up by changing the name and the image, so please excuse me for doing that and vote again and let me know in no uncertain terms what you like. I'll not change anything again now, that was a mistake. Enjoy yourself on the other site with the changing names and images.

Well, that's it for tonight. I am a bit long winded. I don't want to stop writing, but I will.

I'll see you all tomorrow.

Ciao...

10 comments:

Grit said...

i hope you are feeling better soon, both of you! it is too wretched to feel ill when the days are short and cold. we should be able to bounce outside and gather up sunshine before it's all gone again.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Oh get well soon lovely. And you can so be a groupie, hee hee. Please give uberhund a hug from me, and one for you too.

Babaloo said...

Glad the vet visit went OK. We've had a trip to the vet, too, yesterday.

Hope you get better soon! I totally missed what happened, so I'm going to check out your earlier posts now...

Wisewebwoman said...

Get well soon, human and canine!!
XO
WWW

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you were feeling better! Maybe you need a few more days of staying home and resting. Sending get well wishes.

I'm sorry you had to take a trip to the vet again. I hope this new medication works better for the little guy.

Take care of yourself.
XXXXXX

Mean Mom said...

Sorry about the uberhund's eyes. I'm glad that there seems to be some improvement, in them, at least. I hope that you are both feeling better soon.

A dishy vet, eh? Hmmm....

laurie said...

i'm so sorry you're not well. that sounds quite painful. but you must not be too bad off if you can walk the Uberbuddy to the vet.

stay well.

Maggie May said...

What? I had to vote again?
I suppose I would miss things if I didn't get something new all the time, but it does confuse the elderly, you know. Keep thinking I've come to the wrong place!

Hope you will feel better really quickly!
And the Uberhund's eyes, poor thing.

Maureen said...

Aw, that sucks that both you and Uberhund are not feeling well...

Hope you are both better real soon! One day, (perhaps over the holidays) I can get to those music sites and play around a bit... you have me intrigued!

aims said...

Have voted my friend.

And now I'm off to set up for my first show. Eeeek!