Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In a sense...

I guess in the strictest sense of the term, it isn't Tietze Syndrome that I've got, because I have inflammation of the attachment of the ligaments and with the Syndrome you have inflammation of the cartilage. I am unsure about this whole thing, but the doctor called it one thing and then described something else and it behaves like something else.

Today it not only hurts in my chest and between my shoulder blades, but also in my sides and under my arms. The chest pain is the worst, though, and there is one spot that is very painful. I just took the Überhund for a walk and that was a job and a half and I was exhausted before we had gone half a block, because I can't breathe properly, because of the pain.

Oh, I am making it sound a lot worse than it is, probably, it mostly is a big nuisance. A big painful nuisance.

I slept on the sofa, somehow feeling that that was more appropriate when sick. It was so cozy under the yellow blanket, but I realize that I have to get a better blanket, because this one is small and thin and I need to get one that is a bit heftier. So that will be a future mission. I was up sometime during the night and sat behind the computer doing I don't know what and fell asleep doing it and made it back to the sofa somehow. I am a strange woman who doesn't know what she does during the night, like I am a ghostly spirit that is lost.

The Exfactor is coming over to do some groceries for me, bless his heart. That sure is going to help me out a lot. I would hate to have to peddle to the store right now and haul groceries around with me. I think I better let someone healthy do that. The Exfactor is big and strong, so I can depend on him. He's got the biceps to prove it.

I am looking forward to today, which is almost half way over, come to think of it, but I have to take care off myself and I don't take many opportunities to do only that. To focus just on my body and get it in a comfortable place. The paracetamol helps some and takes the edge off and makes me more relaxed. It is silly for me to be wary about taking pain mediation when I take so many other pills already.

I think I will call in sick for the ergo therapy just for this one time. Riding my bike over there is just too much of a good thing and everybody is allowed a sick day or two. I will miss the discussions, but maybe I can have one on my own. A one sided monologue.

That's all I have to tell you for right now. Have a nice rest of the day and don't do anything I wouldn't do. That doesn't leave you with many choices right now. Sorry about that.

Ciao...

11 comments:

Stinking Billy said...

irene, I entered my few words to you today in yesterdays 'comments'.

John M. Mora said...

Feel better - I have been sick just about all of November and everyone in our home has gotten cold flu I have no idea what it is.

Missed work friday and monday and today as I ride in the train was stopped and a man arrested for touching a woman as she slept on the train.

Me I fiddle with my blackberry and ipod....listening to death cab for cutie right now.

Loveley album - Transantlanticism.

Feel better.

Bev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

Billy, I read and appreciated your few words. Thank you for caring.

John, I am listening to Transatlanticism on my playlist on Deezer right now. I think it's a great album. Hope you feel better soon.

Elaine Denning said...

I hope you feel better soon, Irene. Take care. xx

Bev said...

'I am a strange woman in the night like a ghostly spirit that lost'. Surely not.LOL I know where you are coming from LOL

aims said...

Oh Irene. Rest. Let others do for you and forget about things you feel you 'must' do. Nothing is a 'must'. The dog can piddle out the back - you need to rest.

btw - I'm starting to get really confused with all the name changes. I see a different name come up on my blogroll and I've actually said to myself - I didn't sign up for anyone under that name. Only after some thought - and bypassing the post - did I realize it was probably you.

When I get back from my holiday - how will I know you?!

Try steaming. Fill a bowl with boiling water and put a towel over your head and breathe the steam. It might help relax some of those muscles. It's great for colds!

Sending my love and thoughts winging to you to make you healthy.

Mean Mom said...

I'm sorry that you're ill. The symptoms sound horrible. Do rest as much as you can and I hope that you feel better very soon.

Maggie May said...

Hope you are feeling better Irene. It sounds a horrible thing to have to put up with.

It might not be a good thing to sleep on the couch as it is more cramped than a bed. Surely not good for this type of condition?

Have a good night & take care. X

softinthehead said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell Irene. It does sound painful. Glad the Exfactor is helping out.

Babaloo said...

Oh, poor you, this Tietze Syndrome or whatever it really is sounds quite painful. Hope it won't last too long and you're feeling better soon!