Friday, November 21, 2008

Cleaning.

I cleaned the apartment to day, while at the same time trying to cancel a membership with an Internet company, because I decided it wasn't worth the hassle to change in order to save a few bucks. It would have meant getting 2 new email addresses and a new telephone number, because they would not allow me to keep my old one, and I decided, oh, who needs all this bother, but it turns out that canceling something takes longer than signing up and I spent much time on hold and even now I don't know if everything is resolved properly. I had to call 4 different numbers to get things straightened out and I was put on hold everywhere.

This caused me to get behind in everything I had planned to do today, but luckily, the Exfactor came to the rescue and he walked the Überhund for me and went to the grocery store for me. That saved me a lot of time that I could spend cleaning and I didn't have to get all gussied up to go out. I am just about done now, I have to hang up one load of laundry and put another load in the machine. Oh yes, I need to clean the stove. Forgot about that.

I haven't taken my housework very seriously for the past few weeks and it showed. Things were just a wee bit dirty. The kitchen window was a disgrace and I really scrubbed it clean. A cat had barfed under the bed and I found that out when I vacuumed under it, that is always a nice surprise. Thank goodness for paper towels and a big bottle of cleansing liquid. I have been on my knees a lot today polishing the rough spots out of the linoleum. There's nothing like some elbow grease to get stuff clean. Luckily, my knees cooperated and they hardly hurt, so that is an improvement and now I can do any job.

Not having the party is a load of my mind, but I still had to get the place clean for Joost, as I did not want him to walk into a mess. Not that I want to come across as a highly talented housewife, oh no. A half way decent one maybe, yes.

If I hurry up, there will even be time to put on my face and look halfway acceptable and I will even brush my hair. That's why I am going to leave you now and get some last minute things done. A woman's work is never finished. Thank goodness for the Exfactor, huh? He got to be my rescuing knight today.

Mwah!

7 comments:

lebanesa said...

hope the evening is very enjoyable. I giggled about the Exfactor. Sweet, really - that he is still so dependable in these ways. I like your humour my dear and having even one guest has got your place all cleared up so you can relax and feel happy for a few weeks... LOL (if you are like me, that is!)

Maggie May said...

Hope the evening goes well with your friend.
The Exfactor has his uses then! Dog walking and shopping!
Goodnight X

Milo said...

oh my God! thank you, thank you thank you... I so loved your comment. made my eyes filled with tears... thank you, thank you thank you. and God Bless. lots of love and hugs from Milo

Mean Mom said...

I've just caught up. What a relief that you're not having the party any more. It just didn't seem like a good idea, to me.

Our cats are usually sick under the dining room table. A few days ago, I woke up in time to hear one retching on my bed. Great!

I'm glad that you and the Exfactor seem to be comfortable together and I hope that you had a good evening with your friend.

Milo said...

thank you so very much and i think that you are the most beautiful soul.
lots of love from Milo...

Milo said...

and yes i wouldn't know where would i be without the good old paper towels!
i am still trying to figure out the blogroll on my blog... sorry i am kina slow. i wish i could link you as well. hopefully very very very soon. lots of love from Milo xxxxooooo

Babaloo said...

Oh, I've been slacking in the cleaning department lately, too. Mostly due to watching too much "House M.D." online, tee-hee. ;)

Have a lovely weekend!