Friday, April 09, 2010

Up before dawn...


I went to sleep early last night and as a result I'm up early too. I slept on the sofa and fell asleep with the TV on. When I woke up, I found a broken glass and shards of glass on the floor and knew that Tyke had knocked it off the table. I don't know if he ingested any pieces of glass with the milk that was in it, but if he starts vomiting, I will know soon enough. I am worried about him now, but he has done this once before and it all turned out well. I was in contact with the vet then. Things you worry about when you have a young dog. It's not even funny, is it?


Well, lets not let that set the tone for the rest of this bit of writing. There are happier ways to start off the day and better ways to start a post. I just can't think of them right now. I'm sure I'll come up with something shortly. Oh, that does remind me that I have not weighed myself in some time. I do have to remember to do that some morning before I have had my coffee, while I'm still in my pajamas. You get so used to your body looking a certain way, that you don't pay too much attention to it on a regular basis, only in short obsessive intervals, and then you stop weighing yourself too. At that time it's just not the most important thing on your mind.


I sure don't miss the extra Welbutrin now that I only take one pill. I still get sad when I take that one, but I find going to sleep really helps then. But I don't miss the second one at all. Of course, it hasn't been that long since I have taken it, so anything can happen still. I shouldn't jubilate too soon. I may be talking differently by tomorrow. Today my psychiatrist is going to call me, though, and I'm curious as to what he will have to say. Maybe he'll say that I can stop the Welbutrin altogether, but that may be a little bit too much to hope for. I'll know at 2 o'clock this afternoon.


I'm going to lie down for a while now after I take my medicines and finish this later when I'm a bit more lievely.


--------------------


In the meantime it is a lot later in the day. Well, it is afternoon and I've just had a cup of yogurt and I'm awfully full now. I think I may have overdone it. I feel it slowly seeping through the opening in the gastric band and little by little I'm becoming more comfortable. I just ate the yogurt to quickly. That's what you get when you are greedy.


The Exfactor was here and offered to do the groceries, because he noticed that I was almost out of things. I thought that was very kind of him, because I was about to ask him to do them for me. My sister is in Italy, so we could not make our regular grocery run. I still get anxious when I think I have to do the groceries on my bike and I'll have to starting August when my sister moves to a different neighborhood. The Exfactor said that he'll always do them for me, though.


My psychiatrist just called and said that until Monday we're going to leave things the way they are now, since I'm doing well, and Monday morning he's going to call again and decide what changes we are going to make. He's one for the careful and patient approach. Ha, the patient approach! Right...


I have to go lie down again now. I get tripped up by sleep. I need to do it at all hours of the day. My duvet is in the washing machine. I had to do quite a bit of shoving to get it in.


Have a good day.


Ciao,


Nora











3 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

glad the duvet fit in the washer and i hope the changing of the meds will go smoothly..have a great Friday.

aims said...

It is better to go slowly - abrupt changes bring on horrible responses.

That Tyke! He's quite a tyke isn't he?

Bernie said...

so glad you were able to wash your duvet, you will sleep comfortably tonight. Also it is nice the exfactor helped with groceries and Nora I am glad that the doctor is working closely with you to decide on medications.....it is scary to start changing them without professional help. Be well my friend,.......:-) Hugs