Friday, April 16, 2010

And now for something completely different.


I woke up at 4 o'clock and thought I was done sleeping, so I walked into the living room and turned on the computer. However, I quickly, within seconds, realized I was still half asleep, so I walked over to the sofa and continued sleeping there for another 2 hours. Then, when I woke up, I made myself a cup of coffee and, not realizing I was grumpy, started answering my emails. Never answer your emails when you are grumpy, especially not before you have had your medicines. Thunder clouds and lightning bolts smash through your head and make you totally unreasonable and make everything seem much worse than it does by the proper light of day. The early dawn does not hold gold in its mouth, as the saying goes.


I'm not going to be sad and pathetic today. I've decided that's no attitude for me. I'll spit in any one's eye who tells me I ought to be. I refuse to tear myself to pieces. It would only be self induced pain and I'm not going along with that. Nobody is going to rescue me, so I'm going to keep myself from drowning. I do have to live my life without huge interruptions.


I decided to google images of cockapoos yesterday and I found many of them and some of them were of black haired ones like Tyke and sure enough, they looked just like him. I could have posted one of those images on my blog and told you it was Tyke and you would have believed me. So now I'm fairly sure that he is a cockapoo. There were some really adorable dogs there and apparently they are very popular as a designer dog and developing into a new breed. It was mentioned that they have good characters and I have to agree with that. Tyke's a little sweetheart, although he does get naughty, but I think it's unintentional. It's not out of spite as a rule.


The domestic help is coming this afternoon, so I have to do a few chores, but not too many. I hope this one is going to wash the windows. I'll make her do it, I'll call on her honor as a cleaning person. I have to do the dishes and clean up the kitchen counter and sink. I also have to fold and put away the dry laundry. I'm thrilled to pieces about this. The Exfactor is also coming over. So I need to get the show on the road now and get dressed and walk Tyke.


I hope you all have a nice day and make the best of it.


Ciao,

Nora

6 comments:

lebanesa said...

keeping things crossed that the windows get cleaned. We have a window-cleaner who only cleans some of the windows... I haven't yet understood why. My husband made the original arrangement and it seems illogical that he cleans the ground floor windows we can reach but not the top floor ones which require a suicidal tendency. LOL

CorvusCorax12 said...

have a good day yourself...god luck with the windows :)

Maggie May said...

I do like the new look of your blog. very delicate looking.
Hope you get the windows cleaned but never mind if you don't. Life will go on.
Enjoy the sunshine (if you get any that is,) It is brilliant here but I don't feel well enough to appreciate it.
Strange having no aircraft in our skies......

Nuts in May

Gail said...

...or she could do everything else and you can wash the windows, either way, it will be wonderful.

I am glad you have revived and are singing happy songs today.

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Maybe it's a good thing to have plenty of stuff going on today. It can help to have people to get dressed for and be in an operable state to interact with them.

I'm impressed that you're taking charge of the day and getting on with things.

Love,
Bearfriend xxxx

Wisewebwoman said...

With you in spirit, dear friend, 16th being a red letter day for both of us.
Stay in the moment. As I am.
XO
WWW