Friday, April 16, 2010

Another nice day...


First the Exfactor was here this morning and when he went to make his cup of coffee, he saw that I was completely out of milk, in other words, that groceries needed to get done, which he offered to do for me as I had hoped. I quickly made a shopping list and off he went on my bicycle with the shopping bag and my bank card. He was back in the shortest amount of time, I still don't know how he does that, and I helped him put away the groceries with Tyke's help. Tyke's help consists of trying to pull everything out of our hands before we can put it away. Then the Exfactor offered to take Tyke for a walk, which I think he secretly enjoys doing, and of course, I had no objections. Off they went together, Tyke leading the Exfactor down the sidewalk with a steady pull on the leash. Tyke can make himself very heavy for 11 kg.


After the Exfactor left, I washed and dried and put away the dishes, but completely forgot to fold and put away the dry laundry. Unless I make a list of things to do, I'm afraid this is my fate and things fall by the wayside. In other words, I am very absentminded and forget things easily and just assume I have been good and gotten everything done. So, unless I forget, I'm going to have to make a short list in the morning with things to do written on it, such as brush your teeth and comb your hair. No, really. I do walk past things that need to get done absentmindedly, as they don't penetrate my awareness until I practically hit my head on them. Or my big toe.


I was reading blogs and commenting on them when the domestic help came ands she was a very nice and polite girl who was more than eager to do any job I wanted her to. Intelligent too and I got the idea that she was a university student who did this job part time. She washed all the windows inside and out and, although she didn't do them perfectly, they are in much better shape than they used to be. She also cleaned the refrigerator and the utensil drawer, which was something that had to happen badly and she had to use a scrub sponge. It hadn't been cleaned in some time and my refrigerator is now spotless.


I feel incredibly spoiled that these kinds of jobs are finally getting done and I am so grateful that they are, because they are the kinds of things that I was unable to do myself and barely was aware of needed to happen. It has only recently been pointed out to me that they have to. The insides of the kitchen cabinets need to happen next and the glass windows above the interior doors and I'm sure there are all sorts of other jobs that need to get done.


After she left, I wanted to keep on commenting on blogs, but was struck by an enormous tiredness and laid down on the sofa for a while, which turned into a 2,5 hour nap. I don't know where all this need for sleep comes from, since I slept so well in the morning, but apparently I needed it. I don't know what role my medicines play in my sleepiness, but I do think they add to it. I always, or usually, feel very good when I wake up from a nap. It's like I'm renewed again. My brain isn't spilling over with all sorts of nonsense and I can think clearly. I must make sure that I'm really awake in the morning before I start doing things. Sometimes I think I get up prematurely when I should sleep more and I try to function before my brain is really ready for it. It makes for a sad performance. It might be better if I don't get up right away, but stay in bed longer, despite my eagerness to be awake.


I finished the book I was reading, "The Pilot's Wife," and liked it well enough. The ending was especially good. I have to pick out another book to read now and I have to have a good look in my bookcase and see what it's going to be. I have so many unread books and unknown authors that the choice is difficult. I'm always afraid that I'll get stuck with a book that I don't like at all, because that's such a disappointment and you hate to put it back on the shelf, because you know you'll never read it. There should be a home for orphaned books, those are the books that only a few people like.


Tyke is lying beneath my computer table and farting. It smells delicious. He'll probably have to go out. I have to go visit Facebook and see my daughter's tribute to her brother. I've been notified of it by my sister.


I hope you all have a good evening and that you enjoy the silence of no planes as I do.


Ciao,

Nora

5 comments:

Gail said...

How did you know I was just thinking, I am glad there are no planes flying over today?

I am glad you get to keep the good parts of Ex-factor.

lebanesa said...

lol - delicious farts.
This week I saw an old friend of mine and she was telling me that her dog farts terribly. Then she said 'Do you know I would never say fart in front of anyone else, Frances.'
LOL - it was a compliment. We are all able to be unbuttoned with friends, levels are different for different people!
hugs
hope the tribute is bearable in your sensitive state

VioletSky said...

We have a great home for 'orphan books - a bookshelf is in the laundry room and I've done many a good trade there.

It is nice that your daughter has written a tribute to your son. I hope you find some comfort in that.

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Glad you got through today without any drama. And you got plenty of stuff done - or rather you got your minions to do it for you!

Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook so probably can't read your daughter's tribute.

I have not noticed the lack of planes. There has still been the occasional helicopter overhead, which is all I usually hear anyway.

I thought earlier how the carbon footprint of the airline industry will be significantly lower this year purely due to this incident. Amazing how something so far away can bring everything to a halt.

Hope you are feeling OK tonight and having plenty of sleep.

Bearfriend xxxx

Bernie said...

I thought of you today and am happy to see the day went by okay. You have groceries in, your house cleaned and you sound pretty positive......this is all good my friend..........:-) Hugs