Saturday, April 03, 2010

Now you see it, now you don't...

I'm sitting here feeling very good and I don't know why that is. I've felt good since about 7:30 this evening and I don't know what has happened to the time since then. It just flew by. I've done all sorts of things, as you can tell, and I was very busy with that, but even so, I don't know where the time went.

I did take Tyke for a walk and as usual, he almost strangled himself trying to run ahead of the leash. That poor dog, he always forgets that the leash has a certain length that he's going to run out of and I'm afraid he's going to break his neck one of these days. It would be an awfully sad thing if that were to happen. I hope he smartens up real quick and stops running so fast.

It is in everybody's best interest that I go to bed now, but I am not going to do it, because I've been waiting to feel good all day and now that I am, I'm going to enjoy it. It is possible to do that all by yourself without another single body here. It is just the awareness of feeling peace and quiet in your body and soul that makes it so and that gives you the opportunity to be happy with the very quiet moments that you have all alone. There is nobody here to disturb the peace.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if there were an agreeable person here to disturb the peace, but where are you going to find someone like that? They sure don't put them out with the trash on Monday mornings for you to pick up as you ride by on your bicycle. I can see it now. There they'd stand with a sign around their neck that said, "Free to a good home. Very agreeable man." I wish it were that easy. God only knows what sort of problems you'd get yourself into.

As is usual, I'm drinking a glass or two of cold milk. I just had some Nutella and let Tyke lick the spoon clean. Oh, I'm teaching him all sorts of bad habits, but he's not getting any cookies or potatoes with gravy or spaghetti with meatballs. I can't even eat those things myself, let alone that I'm going to feed them to my dog. This summer, when I'm going to eat ice cream, I'm going to let him clean my dish. I'll make sure to leave some in the bottom. You see how convinced I am of the fact hat I'm going to eat ice cream this summer. It may not happen at all.

Tyke's just been outside and Gandhi always follows him. That is not so smart, because he always chases her up the fence where she has to stay until he goes back inside again. He wants to play with her and doesn't understand why she climbs on the fence and wants to join her. The way to get Tyke back inside is to say, "Well, hurry up!" At first I thought I had to say, "Come," but that doesn't work well. Whoever had him first said, "Well, hurry up" to him. You find these things out by accident. I also found out that if I want him to behave, I have to snap my fingers and say, "Here!" Then he immediately listens. Well, most of the time.

It's really time for me to go to bed now, but I think that is the parent in me talking. I could ignore that person and do whatever the hell I want and drink another glass of cold milk. It's not like I'm sitting here drinking scotch on the rocks and hanging out my red light. I'm a quite respectable woman with wild hair who needs a haircut. Really, my hair is sticking out all over the place. I can't do a thing with it, except make it look wilder than it already is.

Now I'm going to bed. It's been more than enough. All that blogging is leading me astray. It's keeping me from my true purpose, which is to get a good night's sleep. Too bad about the time that I felt good, though. I mean, I still do and now I have to go to sleep. Life's a challenge, isn't it?

Have a good night. Tomorrow it will be raining here. It will be cozy to be inside.

Ciao,
Nora

5 comments:

Gail said...

I never know what I am going to find at your place. Nice changes.

CorvusCorax12 said...

well you wild woman, i hope you have a good night :)

Wisewebwoman said...

Watch that nutella with the dog, if it has chocolate it can be very dangerous. Just sayin'.
I've been off blogland for a few days catching up on work.
good to hear you are having some peace and contentment...
XO
WWW

Babaloo said...

I'm with WWW, be careful with the chocolate!!!
Haven't been here in a bit, surprised to find you've got a new look. Or maybe not. ;-) Not sure I like all the grey, although it looks very distinguished.

Hope you don't get the rain that's predicted! xxx

lebanesa said...

hope you wake feeling just as cheerful
hugs