Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feeling good!


I feel like I've stopped taking a "make me sick pill." This is the second day that I'm doing without the welbutrin and I'm on the dose of effexor that's supposed to sustain me, and people, I feel so much better. I'm actually in a good mood all day long and I don't mean hyped up, but nice and pleasant and relaxed. It's a great relief and more than I could have hoped for, because I expected some withdrawal problems. It seems that I wasn't on the welbutrin long enough to have any of those, as it is with people who use it to stop smoking. I can't believe they prescribe this medicine for people to stop smoking, when you realize the sort of troubles you can get into. I wonder how many "accidents" happen because of it? Well, never mind, I'm off the stuff now and not too soon. It was like being on a bad trip.


I took a nap from 4 to 6 pm and still feel the after effects of it. It's like I never woke up properly and I could go back to sleep in an instant. I'm already looking forward to bedtime, but it's a little bit too early for that now. Instead I took Tyke for a walk in effort to blow the cobwebs out of my head and we ran into a man with a very little dog and a very big dog. Of course, Tyke was very interested, but the man acted like he was taking the crown jewels out for a walk and didn't give them so much as a chance to sniff each other. This opposed to this afternoon when we met a woman with two dogs, one of which was a keeshond and he and Tyke hit it off great and embraced each other numerous times. They were the same age and it was very funny. The woman is one of several people now who has asked me if Tyke is part poodle, which leads me to believe that he is a cockapoo and not a long haired American cocker spaniel. He does have some aspects of a cocker spaniel, but he doesn´t have that long nose or extra long ears.


I think I´m going to bed after all. I will read my book for awhile. I´m not making much headway in it and I would like to finish it one of these weeks. It will be so nice to go lie down in bed and be comfortable under the clean duvet.


Have a good evening you all. Or a good day, which ever applies.


Ciao,

Nora



8 comments:

red-handed said...

Glad you're on the mend.

CorvusCorax12 said...

have a good night

Wisewebwoman said...

You know how I feel about Big Pharma, TCS, soooooo, I'm glad you're kicking the Wellbrutin. I love those phancy pharma-names. ;^)
I was on Halcyon back in the day, didn't hit the floor for about two months but I was happy because I was 100 lbs soaking wet (seriously underweight).
Try and have one thing to look forward to in each day. I'm so glaf Tyke takes care of that for you on an ongoing basis...

XO
WWW

Wisewebwoman said...

I should proof my comments...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Glad you are off the welbutrin. I have my thing against the drug makers/pushers too. I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to do so.

Hope your day is pleasant and positive.

FlowerLady

Bernie said...

Oh Nora you sound so good and I love hearing you this way. If a pill can do that to you then you are well off of it. Thank heaven they stopped it before it was in your system very long. Stay well my friend and sleep well....Hugs

Gail said...

It is so wonderful to feel good. Enjoy.

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Interestingly enough, when I was at the park today with the Bear, I saw what I thought initially was a cocker spaniel. But looking closer I saw he had quite a poodle-ish face. I thought it was a little strange to have such a face - but after reading this post I realise he must have been a cross!

He was excessively cute! And constantly following many different scent trails all round the park while furiously wagging his tail. He made me think of Tyke - he was also black but with a few grey bits too.

Bearfriend xx