Saturday, April 10, 2010

Am I really awake now?


I went back to sleep twice this morning and I just woke up for the third time. I don't know if this will be the last time that I'll go back to sleep, but it seems to be a way to get through the day and avoid the things I don't want to do. Writing a post is another way of doing that.


I'm very busy avoiding unpleasant things, although I have just taken Tyke for a walk, but that's the least unpleasant thing I could think of and it had to get done. It's a terrible thing, though, if you write a post so that you will not have to do the chores that need to get done. As if writing a post is an easy thing to do. I think from now on I will walk Tyke instead of writing a post. I'm sure he would appreciate that very much.


A letter came saying the domestic help will be here Monday and Friday afternoon next week. There was no explanation why they had not been here this week, but I really don't care. I didn't need them here this week. I will do chores tomorrow, because they must be done and I will be under some pressure to do them. I won't be able to ignore them. I already feel the stress of having to deal with them now. I mustn't let myself get so intimidated. I am my own worst enemy.


I hope you look at the photograph of Tyke in the post before this one. He looks kind of adorable. I'm going to get something to eat and a mug of cold milk. I think I will have Brie.


Have a good day!


Ciao,

Nora

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyke is such a good-looking dog! It must give you such pleasure just to gaze at that silky black fur and those liquidy brown eyes!

And can you maybe send that domestic help over here when they've finished your place? I have so much dusting and vacuuming to do, plus my windows are filthy. So is the kitchen floor, now that I'm looking down at it ...

Chic Mama said...

I hope you had a good day too.Tyke looks very lovely. Love the new blog title and look.

Bernie said...

Enjoy your day Nora, don't worry about the cleaning they are coming to clean anyway.....:-)Hugs

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Why do the chores tomorrow when the help will be there on Monday to do them for you?

I spend my whole life not doing the things that need to get done. Very annoying!

Hope you have a good night.

Bearfriend xx

Wisewebwoman said...

It's the small things that stress us out more than the big things. You must feel judged by these domestic helpers perhaps?
I love wee Tyke, what a gorgeous fellow, I wish he could play with Ansa...
XO
WWW

Gail said...

The many faces of Nora, I enjoy seeing them all.