Monday, April 26, 2010

A busy day...

Being nearly out of tobacco, I walked with Tyke to the tobacconist at 8:30 am and got a new supply. Tyke's smart enough to know where we are going now and walks into the shop on his own and tries to wait patiently, which is tough to do when you are a little dog. He also can't wait to be outside again and return to the business of smelling everything in the gutter, which means it takes twice as long to get home, as I either wait patiently or drag him with me.

When I got home, I took a quick nap on the sofa and then did the few chores I had to do in a hurry before the personal helper would get there. She did at 11:15 and turned out to be a very nice woman who I got along with well. We made a plan of action and filled out a questionnaire and generally got to know each other and decided to call each other by our first names. She starts on Thursday.

After she left I had a quick cup of coffee before I went to my psychiatrist. I wore my leather jacket and a scarf on my way over there on my bike because it was cold. I find that I can't tell you what went on between my psychiatrist and me, but it was monumental and had to do with guilt and sadness and unconditional love, which I have a shortage of in my life. It makes me very sad to write this down as all the feelings of that session return, so I will leave that alone now.

Actually, I don't feel like writing all of this down at all. I feel very tired and want to do nothing more than go to bed and sleep. Nothing seems as attractive as my bed right now and the warm duvet and my book and something to eat. So I think that's what I'll do now. Maybe later tonight there will be more blogging.

Have a nice evening.



Bernie said...

Your day sounds very productive, I am sure that emotions can be quite intense during your sessions and would stir so many things up but then that is the purpose of the sessions so that you can work out all the things that has to do with your illness. What is broken must be fixed so that you can move on and forward with only healthy and positive thoughts. It must be a lot of work but I'm sure it is very worth it if it brings closure and shows you a way to live in happiness. I am praying that you will know only love, peace and contentment Nora, life is beautiful once we learn how to deal with our demons and believe me we all have them. Life is all about choices and I am sure your doctor will aid you in making good, healthy choices. Big hugs to you my friend........:-)

Twain12 said...

Bernie said it all and i can only agree...have a good rest !!

Frances said...

Agree with Bernie. Your choice what you discuss with the world. Sometimes things are better kept between you and your professional guide. We can easily put our virtual oars in and have opinions, but as long as what your psychiatrist says rings true to you, that is all that matters. Good luck with it and with future sessions. Rest and absorb.
Hugs to a brave woman!

Gail said...

Sounds good, all the things shoved into one day, I would be tired too.

The help seems like a wonderful addition and you may even have some fun with her while she is working.

You don't have to tell us everything. As long as it was productive and you gained from the visit, that is all we need to know.

Rest well, my friend.

laurie said...

it sounds tough but productive.

Wisewebwoman said...

So there you are, a most enlightening day for you my friend and enough to mull when you have a mulling hour.
Go back to Larry's Party and the duvet and remain Tyked.
Good on you!

Anonymous said...

Nice Post~!!!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

jeannette said...

When it's cold outside then a warm bed seems attractive to me too, especially when you had a heavy session (I know they can weigh a ton)!