Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Winding down...


I just got home from spending a nice mellow evening at my sister's and you'd think I had a whole bottle of wine instead of just the one large glass, because I feel totally relaxed and in the mood for one more. Unfortunately that is not possible because I have no wine in the house and if I did I would probably drink the whole bottle and become drunk and wake up with a hangover. So all is for the best and I will just enjoy the slight mellowness that I feel now. Hey, I'm not used to much and I have to enjoy each moment as it comes to me.


My sister had baked a chocolate cake with nuts and apricot jam as a filling and chocolate icing on top and it was very good. I did manage to put away a piece of that, although my stomach protested loudly after that. I burped quite a bit, which is not polite in mixed company as we were. I had 2 espressos as she was out of milk, but we are going grocery shopping tomorrow, which is good because I'm also almost out of milk. My niece and nephew were there and their grandparents and I had brought Tyke who is desperately trying to become friends with my sister's dog, but he's not much interested and lets Tyke know in no uncertain terms.


We watched the British Kurt Wallander with Kenneth Branagh and it was the first time I really watched it, although it is on every week. I had not realized who portrayed him and how sexy he really is and I'm determined now to watch that series more often. I like the fact that it is filmed in Sweden and that it is as authentic as possible. I've read as many of those books as I could and should recognize a lot of the stories, although the one we saw tonight was unfamiliar to me. I like men like Kenneth Branagh, they bring out the beast in me, Ha ha! I don't really know if I still have a beast in me. There is some doubt about that.


My nephew had pepperoni pizza flavored chips. He offered me some and they were really good. What will they think of next? Any flavor is available. I could have eaten a whole bowl by myself, but decided to be polite about it and not ask for one. I do have to think about my diet after all. Although when something tastes really good, I will eat it. I won't turn down a piece of very good cheese for example. Or macaroni or potato salad. That reminds me that I haven't eaten lasagna in a long time and I used to love it so. There's no sense in making a big baking dish full for myself, so I will not get to eat it any time soon, but I sure would love to. I am going to have to buy those small portions of different flavors rice. I will get some of those tomorrow. I must not forget that.


As an encore I'm having some green tea with lemon. That ought to help me go to sleep. I really ought to have some nighttime tea, although I have no idea what's in it and why it is really called that. I wonder if there are really ingredients in it that make you sleepy. I still think the best thing is a mug of warm to hot milk and I may have that next, although I miss the little skin that used to form on top of it when it cooled off. That was the cream that used to be in the milk and that is gone now. Speaking of cream, the thing I like to eat best is fresh crusty white bread with real butter. I could make a whole meal out of that. The last time I really ate well it was that with a salmon steak.


Well, it's time for me to go to bed, unfortunately. Sensible people must do sensible things. Nowadays I am sensible. First I will have my mug of warm milk and make some cigarettes for in the morning. I will try to sleep as long as I possibly can and try not to get up too early. Maybe I can ignore the call of the computer. Yeah, right!

Sleep tight.

Ciao,
Nora

8 comments:

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Great to feel mellow!

I don't think I ever feel mellow. If I have a single drink I feel whoozy and start laughing out loud/

That chocolate cake sounds very good!

I can't stand KB. I much prefer the Swedish version. I really fancy THAT guy! Why are swedish people so sexy?! I think it must be that hurdy-gurdy language. I don't know. But I fancy practically the whole cast and I hardy ever fancy anyone!

Hope you have a good night,
Bearfriend xx

CorvusCorax12 said...

all the food you talked about sound yummy...i love lasagna to but haven't made any in a while. Can't say much about the TV show , have never seen it.
Have a good night beastie woman ;)

Gail said...

She's a mellow fellow, yeah, that's right.

You have made me hungry and I shall have to plow through the frige. I am thinking stir fry, onions, meat, some soy sauce, sugar, veggies and dinner. I have enough bits here and there to do that.

Bernie said...

It sounds as though you had a nice day today Nora, I am happy for you.
Dr. called me late afternoon and I went into out patient department and had 2 IV's....I can feel the difference all ready, I need to have another one on Friday.
All is well here, sleep well my friend......big hugs, :-)

gcmoss said...

Okay! I admit it, I think Kenneth Branagh is one of the Sexiest men alive. Go to the Kenneth Branagh Compendium for some great pictures of him throughout his amazing and varied career. Or watch Love's Labour's Lost, Hamlet, Coming Through (where he positively channels D H Lawrence), or one of my favorite looks, Much Ado About Nothing! Hot as the Italian Summer Sun!

gcmoss said...

Okay! I admit it, I think Kenneth Branagh is one of the Sexiest men alive. Go to the Kenneth Branagh Compendium for some great pictures of him throughout his amazing and varied career. Or watch Love's Labour's Lost, Hamlet, Coming Through (where he positively channels D H Lawrence), or one of my favorite looks, Much Ado About Nothing! Hot as the Italian Summer Sun!

Wisewebwoman said...

I love to read about your out-an-aboutings, Nora.
You need to do more of it.
XO
WWW

lebanesa said...

That is funny. I watched the Wallender series when we had the Swedish version on here and found it really dark and weird and compelling. The thought of the Shakespearean Kenneth has put me off watching the English version, though I am told it is good and authentic and all the rest. I just don't see the point as the other series was so good.
do you have a freezer? You can make anything you like for four people, divide it iup and freeze the portions you don't eat. Works as a way of getting those special thing that are so hard to cook for one
hugs