Sunday, April 25, 2010

Late in the afternoon...


It will be early evening by the time I'm done writing this, but never mind. The title stands.

It's been an unpleasant day and for as good as I felt yesterday, that's how bad I've felt today. A complete opposite situation, in other words. I'm trying the trick with the coffee, but I'm not being very successful so far. I've tried to get my head in a different frame of mind, but I'm not managing it very well. I don't know exactly what the problem is, except that I've lost my happy outlook and I can't find it anywhere and now everything is doom and gloom.

I've tried to keep myself busy with the odd job, but it hasn't helped very much. I even tried to cut my hair, but the scissors were too dull. I don't have a pair of really good ones and must invest in some.

Since the weather is so nice today, I've had to find different clothes to wear and switch my cowboy boots for summer shoes. Tyke thought this was really interesting and followed me around, sniffing my feet and biting my shoes. He's only known me with boots on.

Finding summer clothes wasn't that hard and they still fit me. That's always a relief. It means that I can't wear my scarves any more and I'll miss them, but I can wear necklaces. I've had to take off the silver rings as my fingers were starting to itch, so now I'm not wearing any, which is fine. I'm undefined and plain old hands are okay too.

I'm still wearing leggings under my skirt, as I don't want to show my bare legs yet. It's a little bit too early in the season for that. Besides, they lack colour and are as white as milk bottles. Somehow I have to get them tanned a bit. I may have to sit in my sister's garden and figure out a way to stand sitting in the sun. It's not my favourite thing to do. I used to sit on the beach in California, but that was when I was young and ignorant about skin cancer.

I just finished a cup of coffee, but I'm awfully tired. I need to go take Tyke for a walk, but I think after that I will go to sleep. That seems like the most wonderful idea right now and completely like what I need.

It's just a short post, but it will have to do. I can't always be long winded.

Have a good evening.

Ciao,
Nora


6 comments:

lebanesa said...

go out and look at people.
hugs
xxx

aims said...

Perhaps you could pick up a tube of instant tan. Some are better than others - some make your skin orange - I had orange knees one year - but others do a very nice job. I always start the summer season with a fake tan and go from there.

My dear friend. I wish there was some way I could give you a 'cheering hug'.

Babaloo said...

Go get yourself a body lotion with a light tanner in it. It gradually builds a light tan over time, so you can't overdo it really. I do the same when summer is due, just to give myself a little boost and not to look so pasty.

After your sleep go and put some cheerful music on, nearly always lifts my spirits! XOX

CorvusCorax12 said...

hope you have a good night and the tanning lotions sounds like a good idea. Hope tomorrow looks better

Bernie said...

I use a body lotion that tans gradually, it is a Joan Rivers product.
Hope Monday will be a better day.
Big Hugs.....:-)

Gail said...

Doesn't sound like too bad of a day.