Friday, April 23, 2010

What to do when grouchy!


I woke up from a nap this evening at a little bit before 6 o'clock. I realized immediately that I had to call the pharmacy, because I had medicines there that I needed this weekend, but when I called there, they told me that the delivery boy had already left. They did say that I could come by and pick them up myself, because the pharmacist would be there until 6:15. Half asleep I got on my bike and rode it over there in the busy traffic, past the highway and across the busy road, ignoring the red pedestrian lights, which are not there for me. I got my medicines and rode my bike home, and when I got there, I realized how grouchy I really was and that I felt that my world was falling apart.

I took my 6 o'clock medicines and made myself a cup of coffee and after I had my coffee, I felt a lot better and saw the sun shine again. I was even able to take Tyke out for a walk, which I had not been able to do before. Poor Tyke, he is so dependent on my moods and has to have such patience. I had not been feeling all that great all day and it isn't until now, this evening, that I can say that I really feel that my mood has improved. It's been an exercise in futility all day long and I've slept a lot. As a matter of fact, the domestic help woke me up when I was sound asleep in bed. It was 12:45pm, so she was 45 minutes early, but still... It was a little bit embarrassing.

I took Tyke for a walk when she hoovered the apartment and tried to pay attention to all the flowers and blossoms in the gardens. Some people have beautiful things in their gardens and really make an artwork out of it. There's a hedge that's covered in perfect yellow flowers that I find very pretty. I'm afraid that my lack of botanical knowledge makes it all very frustrating, because all I can say is that something has very pretty flowers or blossoms or that they smell good, like the one bush I keep walking by that has white blossoms that have an overwhelming perfume. A lot of the trees are blossoming too and tiny little flowers lie at the base of them. I don't know the names of the trees.

Around 6 o'clock in the morning the birds start to sing and I can now distinguish between the different songs and can hear the birds answering each other. I don't know, though, what kind of birds they are. I just hear their separate songs. Each bird of the same species does have it's own variation of the same sort of song. The endings seem to differ and some end with a question mark. The problem is that I don't see the birds, but I would not be able to give them a name anyway, unless I had a bird identification book and the Exfactor has it. I'm sure if I lived in nature, it would be easier to discover these things. I would be confronted with them more and out of necessity I would find them out.

Tyke has claimed ownership to one of my old slippers and has a tremendous amount of fun with it. He nearly knocks himself unconscious slapping it around in his mouth. I was thinking of retrieving it, but it's such a comic sight, that I'm letting him keep it. Now we play tug of war over it and he pretends growls and I do the same and say, "It's my shoe!" Any time you say, "It's mine." you egg him on to get even more protective of what he has.

Well, for a change I'm going to bed early tonight. It may mean that I'll be up early too, but I'm bound to go back to bed again and sleep some more. I've still got my book to finish and I do look forward to crawling under the duvet. It will be nice and comfortable there and sleep is a great healer. It cures what ails you and then there is always coffee. I just must make sure I sleep enough in the morning, That's the pitfall.

Have a good evening everyone. Enjoy your hopefully good weather.

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

weather is not to bad but it is suppose to rain tonight. Europe is so pretty during spring and i love listening to the birds in the morning. I hope you have a good night!

Babaloo said...

I had to laugh at the image of Tyke knocking himself out with your old slipper! What a sight he must be!
I'm glad you got your meds and that your grouchiness is mostly over now. Time for bed and a good night's sleep! But first I have to clear the bed of dogs and cats.... ;-)

Gail said...

We are having wonderful life-giving cleansing rain. The storms have gone around for now.

I do not have the heart to take back my fuzzy house shoe either. Just something about those eyes make me want to give him a pair.

Have a wonderful weekend, remember to see the beauty in it.

Bernie said...

Enjoy playing with Tyke, and then have a wonderful nights sleep.
You are very fortunate to be able to ride your bike to the pharmacy Nora, so many people are unable to.
When we focus on what we can do, life is so much better isn't it. I am so pleased to see how well you are doing.......:-) Hugs