Friday, April 09, 2010

It's not the fun it used to be.


I took another nap on the sofa later in the afternoon. It was very refreshing and I can recommend a nap to anyone who is out of energy just a little. Don't eat, take a nap instead and then have a nice cup of coffee to wake up with. I think we all have the tendency to take in carbohydrates when we get tired, but we don't need them. It's best just to go lie down for a little while and sleep. Unless you wake up ravenously hungry, of course. You better have someone handy who has cooked dinner for you and you can sit down and eat a healthy meal instead of too many cookies or chips.

Luckily, I don't wake up hungry. I'm always thirsty and usually grab a glass of cold milk first. Low fat cold milk, that is delicious. I would buy whole milk, but for the calories and the guilt. I'm sure it makes a difference, because I drink a lot of milk. It's one of my favorite beverages, that and coffee. They say that Dutch people are so tall because of all the dairy products that we use. Could be, but I'm only 171 cm, so a little on the short side. That's 5 feet 7 inches for you Americans.

The reason for the title of my post is that the last few days, blogging hasn't been as much fun as it used to be. I hope this is a temporary condition and that it happens to everybody. Actually, it has been longer than a few days, but I always tell myself that once I'm writing things will look better and that I will get the hang of it again. You know I don't usually miss a day, unless I can't help it, and I write many posts. Now when I sit here, I sit here for a long time and scratch my head and think and wonder what in the world I'm going to say to you. I think this may be the new dull Nora, whose imagination has not taken a flying leap to the stars with her.

Just think of it, a whole new dull me with an under developed imagination. No highs, no lows. just a mediocre woman. Wait, I think I made that claim before and then I became hypo manic, so I better watch my words. I don't want to pull the sky down on myself.

Well, this is it then for tonight. I will go and do something else useful. Maybe go to sleep early.

Have a good night.

Ciao,
Nora

8 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

maybe you just need a break but you still have to write a quick hi i'm OK jut not in the mood LOL, otherwise you know we'll worry ;)

VioletSky said...

It happens to the best of us (and even the least of us!) You do write an awful lot, so it is not surprising you run out of steam every now and then.

But as Twain says - you know we'll worry if you don't write a quick hi every day at the very least!
(or make comments)

Maggie May said...

It does happen to us all and EVERY WRITER. keep going.

5ft 7 is tall! I am a mere 5ft 4! That is average in England.

Enjoy your naps..... & who says we don't need carbs... I crave fro them right now and cheese! Got to have some pleasures!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Bernie said...

I think we all go through these dry spells sweetie, I hope yours will pass quickly. I do worry if you don't post. Sorry but I have been under the weather a bit the past couple of days and it has turned cold here again, in fact we had a snowstorm last night....Hugs

Gail said...

Return to a time when it was fun for you, the newness, the freshness will return.

If it does not feel right, don't do it. The time will come when it is right and you will know.

laurie said...

i know the feeling. i'm blogging less, too. it ebbs and flows.

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. 5'7" sounds pretty tall to me! You're definitely taller than average - unless you Dutch are giants!

I think we should be happy to have some dullness - for everything to be on a level for a while. Changeability is seriously overrated.

Hope you're having a good night.

Bearfriend xx

Wisewebwoman said...

The old writer's block, I'm familiar with that! The cure for me is taking something very ordinary (a pin, a cushion, a plant) and writing about it in detail.
Don't give up on us, we are always here at the end of your string...
XO
WWW