Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Daily adventures...

It is tough to wake up out of a sound sleep and wait for the caffeine to do its job. I am drinking my second cup and only imagining that it is making any difference. I tell myself that I should not have stayed up after I let Tyke do his business out back, but it is too late to have any regrets now. My automatic pilot sent me to the kitchen to make coffee and then into the living room to turn on the computer. Built in rituals are hard to ignore. The longer you act them out, the more they rule you.
Tyke sure has become lively. Right now he is chasing Gandhi through the apartment. Ever since his fur has gotten cut, he has turned into a new version of himself. Apparently he had been suffering under too much of it and I will have to take him in sooner the next time, even if the weather were too cold outside.
Gandhi's maneuver to end being chased, is to jump on the kitchen counter and eat her kibbles. Doubtlessly she needs the food to give her strength to deal with Tyke's shenanigans. The kibbles are a new brand and I got them because she was only eating the jelly off the meat that came in the pouches and starting to lose weight. I thought I had better entice her with something brand new and she does like these.  I do not give her anything else unless she has eaten enough kibbles.
Tyke has turned into an eating machine, which is kind of a problem since he is a bit overweight. He has an almost non-ending appetite that may have something to do with the good quality food that I give him. He was not enjoying the food that I had for him before, so I got him something completely different and he likes it a lot. The food comes in smaller portions in effort to help him lose weight, but he wants more of it because it tastes so good.
This morning I have to go to the ophthalmologist and have my eyes checked.  It is about time that I have that appointment. I wonder though if my eyes were not bothered by the fact that I had both the flu and a pneumonia and that I was on two courses of antibiotics. I am sure those things combined do something to your system.  Well, I suppose I will find out about the state of my eyes this morning. Considering my general good health, there will be absolutely nothing wrong and I will just need a stronger pair of glasses.


Wisewebwoman said...

You were into a good rhythm before, I hope your nightowl doesn't take control as it seems to upset you after a while. As it does me. I fight Nightowl all the time.
Tyke and Ghandi sound like Laurel and Hardy. :)

Rob-bear said...

An interesting assessment: "Built in rituals are hard to ignore. The longer you act them out, the more they rule you."

On the other hand, sometimes built-in rituals keep you going when you don't have much motivation or energy. You start out on "auto-pilot" and that gets you to your coffee, and gets you to the computer — gets you started on the day.

Hope the ophthalmologist gave you a good report.

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting; Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

Maggie May said...

I liked the description that Tyke was an eating machine! Trouble is...... I am one too!
Maggie x

Nuts in May