Friday, May 03, 2013

When Friday is the weekend too...

I am sitting here with a much needed cup of coffee because I just woke up and it is morning and time to start the day. I do have some time before I have to get real serious because Tyke is still sound asleep on the bed and there will be no sign of life from him for a while yet. Gandhi is sitting on the kitchen counter patiently waiting to be fed. She has to wait a bit longer until I am truly functioning. First I have to take care of my caffeine intake.
 
I have no obligations today but to go to the pharmacy to pick up some medicines. I have no appointments and I really do not have to go grocery shopping yet, although I may consider doing it anyway. I will have to see how I feel about it later in the day. The temptation is great because then I can pick up some vanilla custard and goat's milk yogurt, but maybe I will be patient and wait until tomorrow. It is not as if we are starving for lack of groceries yet.
 
I am trying my best to get excited about starting the day, but I am not very successful yet. I think I have to wait for my medicines to start working too because I just took them. I just got another cup of coffee and Gandhi lifted her tail and farted right under my nose. She has a tendency to do unpleasant things like that. I think maybe they are signs of affection, but I may be mistaken. She also does it when she comes to lie down on the bed with me at night. Maybe they are farts of excitement and anticipation.
 
I think the second cup of coffee is starting to do its job and the medicines must have kicked in too because I feel a lifting of my spirits. Now I am ready to open the blinds and let the early morning daylight in. It will be good to go out in the fresh air and take Tyke for a walk. That is one of the nicest things about the early morning. It would be awful if I had no good reason to go out there so you know I will always have a dog until I am a very frail old lady.
 
I will get dressed and wake Tyke up and really start the day. There is no better moment than now.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Rob-bear said...

It's still dark in the world of the Bear. I don't have any appointments for the day, so that will mean a relaxed day. I hope to be able to take my girlfriend out to a new place for lunch, and then do our grocery shopping for the week. (My girlfriend is also my wife.)

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

Naperville Now said...

sounds as if things are looking up. as for Gandhi, I'm thinking a change of food might help? just thinking out loud...have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I have a kid who farts, but thank goodness not a pet who does!

Anonymous said...

I have a kid who farts, but thank goodness not a pet who does!