Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Yes, do me the honor...

As was planned, I took my very sore back to the doctor this morning and she examined me and came to the conclusion that it must be my old herniated disk acting up because I have a pinched nerve down my leg. She prescribed 600 mg of Ibuprofen along with two tablets of 500 mg of Paracetamol three times a day. I am to come back if my leg gives out in any way. She also said that I must keep moving as much as I can.
 
Thanks to the pain medication, I am able to much better, so it does help. She prescribed the 600 mg of Ibuprofen for seven days and I expect that I will be much better by then. I am an optimist, and think I will be.
 
I accidentally walked around without my glasses on for a while and got a headache and sick to my stomach and lied down for a nap until I felt better. Do not, not wear your glasses when you are supposed to. You will come to regret it. Especially when you are used to wearing them all the time and you are wondering why you do not see as well as you normally do.
 
I walked Tyke, but it was a mixed success because he decided to pull at the leash and I could not very well stop him. We did end up going in the direction that I wanted to go in, but it was a bit of a struggle and it did cause me some pain. I hope he is more gentle on me when we go next, although rainclouds have gathered and I think I hear it thunder in the distance, so we may not even be able to go for a walk. I would mind that very much because I do want the exercise.
 
If I hurry, as far as I am able to, I can take him now before the weather really does get bad.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Good luck with your back, may it heal well and soon!!

Ansa is getting old and clings to me now. So I walk her off leash most of the time. It is delightful, but I used to refer to her as "the barge" as she just towed me everywhere.
XO
WWW

Rudee said...

From a fellow disc pain sufferer, I wish you a speedy recovery. Ibuprofen is the best at managing this kind of nerve pain.