Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Be still my heart.

Now that I can almost eat and drink food like any other person again, I took advantage of it yesterday and indulged. I ate as much food as I could, expecting with each bite to be confronted with a badly protesting stomach, but it did not happen. I even drank ice cold glasses of milk with my food and thought that might cause problems, but that was not the case either. It was a most amazing experience to finally have a full stomach because I had eaten enough food to feel completely sated. It has been a long time since I have had that experience.
 
Since I went grocery shopping the last time for someone with a very small appetite, I may run out of food sooner than I had counted on and may have to go back to the supermarket sooner this week than I planned. I really do not mind doing this, but it will stretch the food budget and I am going to have to shop smarter than I already do. The nice part now is that I will not be guessing at what foods I will be able to eat, but  will be able to buy just about anything that I fancy. As long as it is healthy and vegetarian, I will be able to eat it.  
 
That thrills me even beyond my own imagination and the supermarket will become a whole new place to explore and discover things in. There is so much that I have avoided and not paid attention to that I can now look at and consider adding to my diet, that it boggles the mind. There will be a whole new culinary world opening up to me after years of eating very limited and unvaried foods. You can count on the fact that I will have a very good time when I go grocery shopping next and that I will take my time doing it. Who would have thought that such a small procedure as opening up my gastric band would have made such a difference?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I seem to have the opposite problem these days, people keep bringing me food, and my grocery shopping is infrequent.

I should add lovely and cooked food!

XO
WWW

Naperville Now said...

such great news! here is to continued good eating and comfort.
Sue