Sunday, May 05, 2013

On the normal road again.

After having had somewhat confusing days, that you may or may not have been aware of, I feel that I am now back to my normal self and that I am functioning in a way that I am most comfortable with. I do not know why that is, and what the magic ingredient is to make that come about, but I do like the turn of events. If I knew the formula of how I could always make this happen, I would apply it all the time, but I am groping in the dark and can only guess as to how it comes about. I am still a bit of an amateur when it comes to estimating my own depths.
I had a tall glass of cold milk to drink for lunch, followed by two cups of black coffee, and if I am to go by that, it is the magic formula to feel good and must always be repeated. That, of course, is nonsense, but I am a wishful thinker and hope that what I do influences my moods. What I really must do, is accept this mood for what it is and make the best of it and enjoy myself for however long it lasts. And I do have to remember that most of the time I am in a good mood and that it is not an exception. A less than good mood is, and that is what I was dealing with these last few days.
It is Liberation Day, and if I were to go downtown, I am sure I would be more than made aware of it, but here in the suburbs I do not notice a thing of it. It looks like any other kind of ordinary Sunday here. If I were to turn on the television, I am sure that there would be all sorts of programming that would put me in the right mood, but I already am and do not need to be made aware of how happy I am to have my freedom and my right to individualism and free speech. Those are things you always need to be aware of because there are so many people in the world who have to do without.  
My hair has decided to have a will of its own and part wherever it wants to and for me to not interfere with it too much. I did not comb it this morning and barely tamed it a bit with my fingers before I put hairspray on it. Now that is a sure sign that it needs to be cut. It is also a sign that I have busy nights, with many dreams, and that I am all over the place, which you would not think possible with both animals on the bed.  I remember exactly what I dreamed last night, but I will not share it with you because it is too shocking. I must say that I did enjoy the dream very much myself.
I will go take a nap now to help the afternoon go by quicker. I do long to shut my eyes for a while and be cozy and warm under the duvet. Tyke will lie in the hollow of my knees and Gandhi will lie on my hip. I am so blessed to be the comfortable sleeping place for both the animals, although it does cramp my style a bit.


Gail said...

Glad things are better today.

It is wonderful to be warmed by your companions. They are equally warmed by you.

VioletSky said...

It is an interesting phenomenon how one day can feel so very different from another. Take joy in those good feelings about today!

Wisewebwoman said...

My mood can go hairy without reason too but the dog is such a comfort when she pushes her back up against mine. I call it "cuddlebuns".

where would we be without these gorgeous creatures?