Friday, May 10, 2013

It's tough to be normal.

Being normal is the most overrated thing in the world and I can not wait to stop being it. I think I must have been it all week now and I am growing pretty tired of it because it is basically very boring. I prefer the awkward state of being not normal much better. At least it adds some excitement to your life. I even started an argument with myself while I was walking Tyke this evening, because it was too quiet in my head.  It did get interrupted by Tyke's insistence on diving into the bushes to get to a half eaten apple. I now do not exactly remember what the argument was all about.
 
I realized arguing with myself was much preferable to not having any sort of dialog going on at all, and that I got livelier and more passionate while the argument lasted. It is not that hard to view both sides of a case, and argue both points of view, and even let yourself get a wee bit emotional about it. At least your feelings as well as your ratio come in to play.
 
Well, that goes to prove my point that being normal is not at all preferable because who would do that? Or own up to it? Anyone who passes for a normal person would not.
 
In my completely normal state of mind, I went to the hairdresser this afternoon and got a real short haircut. You could say that it is a totally rational haircut, because I had it cut that way to be completely carefree. I have combed it once since I have been home, to test it out, and it is as easy to get in place as I had hoped it would be. It is not a haircut I will come to regret, because at least I made the decision to get it in a rational state of mind, so there is something to be said for that. I guess being normal sometimes is a good thing.
 
I have to do the grocery shopping tomorrow and I am already looking forward to making the list, which I will keep as short as I can so I will stay under the budget. No, that's silly. I really will buy everything I need and we will not go hungry. That day will never come. I will try to go early in the morning, because one time I went in the afternoon when it was very busy and all the shopping trolleys were in use. I had to elbow my way to the front of the line of people waiting for one in order to get mine. I am tough that way.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Gail said...

May you find more ways to entertain yourself.