Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Because I say so...

I am feeling a bit under the weather and I hope I am not coming down with something, although it could just be a case of tiredness that needs a good old sleep. My domestic help, who was here yesterday, had a serious cold, so I hope I didn't catch it from her. But I am usually pretty sturdy and don't pick up every germ that goes around, so I assume that I will be okay. It was also a dry and sunny day yesterday, so I may possibly be bothered by some allergies. Some pesky pollen usually does get to me.
 
The Exfactor is bringing over Ibuprofen in the morning and I will be glad for that, because I have only been taking Paracetamol and that really doesn't help my back much. I have a constant ache and really have to be careful of how I sit down in a chair. Sitting in it sideways with my legs crossed is not such a good idea. I have to sit upright with both feet firmly planted on the ground. It's a boring way to sit, but my back does protest if I don't.
 
I don't like it when my body parts give out on me, but I suppose everybody has their aches and pains and that there is no escaping them, especially as you get older and wear out.
 
My stomach is co-operating very well and I enjoyed eating dinner last night. I didn't wait for the applesauce, but I have enough food left over to have it again tonight with the applesauce. These beans that I had, that I don't know the translation for in English, tasted very good with the fake bacon cubes and minced onions. The fried potatoes were delicious. The applesauce will be the icing on the cake. It will make it a real typical Dutch meal and one I hadn't had for a long time.
 
I am so very sleepy that I have to go back to bed. Tyke is already there and I think Gandhi is also. I hope they left some room for me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I hope you're just tired, and not getting sick. I've been sleeping a lot more this spring than usual -- I think it's the on again-off again weather we're having.
I think I've mentioned to you before that ibuprofen is my drug of choice. Cures all my ills, as it were. I take it regularly for my back, and it makes a world of difference. Don't be afraid to take as much as 1000 mg a couple times a day if you have to. xo

Rob-bear said...

I do hope you get a good rest, Irene, and that nothing more serious than sleepiness is bothering you. Take your cue for Gandhi and Tyke.

Ibuprofen is good for muscle pain. But it can raise your blood pressure.

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)