Friday, May 24, 2013

Believing in the impossible.

It is ever so nice to sit here with a cup of coffee and a completely sober minded attitude that borders on the optimistic and makes me feel that, in the end, maybe everything is going to be alright. How I am going to pull this off is not exactly clear to me yet, but I have to believe in the power of positive thinking and the possibility of good outcomes. The likelihood is that I, when the chips are completely down, will find a solution and save myself. Come hell or high water.
 
Taking the day off yesterday has done me a world of good and I am ready to face the music today. I will gladly tackle the dishes that are waiting to be done on the kitchen counter. It is good to give yourself a break now and then, both mentally and physically, although I do have to say that the most pleasant thing I did was take Tyke for his walks. It was a bit cold outside, but I was dressed warm enough and the fresh air did wonders for me. Whatever cobwebs I may have had in my mind, were blown away by the wind.
 
It is a good thing that I have stopped eating cheese, although I love the taste of it. I have stopped retaining water and am much less bloated. I think maybe I wasn't supposed to eat it in the first place and do better just having a few glasses of milk a day. I may even decide to quit drinking them and to rely only on the vitamin and mineral supplements. I am an adult, after all, and do not really need dairy products. The supplements are a bit of an investment, but a bottle lasts a long time, although I am very faithful about taking them and don't skip a day.
 
The peanut butter sandwiches agree with me very well and I can't believe that I thought I was allergic to peanut butter at one time. That was, of course, when my stomach was still acting up. At least now I don't have to worry about getting enough protein. I also have delicious whole grain bread that is a pleasure to eat. Whatever I do, I will not skimp on the bread. It has to be of a good quality.
 
Tyke has forsaken me and gone back to bed and I think that is where I will go for a while. It is the best place to be when it is not quite dawn yet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: