Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another decision.

As of last night, I decided to stop using my sleeping pills, because they weren't helping me sleep very much anyway, and I slept as much without them as I did with them. I don't know if I am going to go through any withdrawals, but I'll worry about that when it happens. I am assuming that I'll be fine and that it is going to be no problem at all. I have done without them before and I don't even remember now why I went back on them. I think maybe it was when I was cutting back on the antipsychotics and felt a lot of anxiety.
 
I went grocery shopping in a different supermarket yesterday, and it wasn't nearly as traumatic an experience as I had thought it was going to be. Actually, it was fine and a bit of an adventure. I had a shopping list, of course, and all I had to do was walk through the store and find out where everything was located. I was shopping for the best deals and think I did a good job. I shopped for the whole week and stayed within my budget. I think I saved money, but I still have to compare the items on this receipt to the one from last week.
 
I didn't buy any cheese, but I bought a small jar of peanut butter instead, just to give it a try. Much to my dismay, I found out that this is also very addictive and that I have to be careful how many sandwiches I eat of it. I do very severely have to put a limit on it. I found the perfect food for Tyke that he can eat twice a day and that isn't expensive yet filling. I found something similar for Gandhi and they both like it. As a matter of fact, they both try to persuade me to give them more of it, but I am tough enough not to do this.
 
I have to go back to bed now and finish sleeping. It will be a few hours until dawn yet, but I will be greeted soon by birdsong and that is an awfully nice way to wake up.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for no sleeping pills!
we're on a peanut butter kick here, too. Even the dog loves it.