Friday, March 12, 2010

Anothter bright day.

Last night, after making sure there was nothing in the bedroom that Tyke could demolish, I brought all of his toys in there and brought him in there with me and closed the door, so we could have a good night's sleep. I worked out very well, and I woke up this morning with Tyke in my arms and it was 10 am. I had slept for nearly ten hours. Isn't that just absolutely wonderful?

It is a good thing that I woke up when I did, because very shortly thereafter, the doorbell rang and it was a lady from the foundation that is handling my domestic help and she came by to drop off some paperwork and have a nosy look around, no doubt. Well, she saw how things were and we filled out the paperwork and I did not make any apologies for anything, but I was still half asleep and I don't know what sort of impression I made on her. Never mind, though. It doesn't matter. I'm the woman who needs help. I'm not the queen in her palace.

It took me some time after she left to get my act together. I had to take my medicines, and make sure I took the right ones, and make myself a cup of coffee, and get the mail out of the mailbox, which I had not done in three days, so I thought I had better do that. Then I was too fuzzy headed to read it and left it for later until I was properly awake. I was also very thirsty and drank a tall glass of milk and let Tyke out back where he did his necessary business, because I was in no shape to walk him. It took me an hour to become halfway functional and even then I was rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I'm not complaining, though. I love how much I sleep. It's a godsend. I get up once during the night to go to the bathroom, but am immediately asleep again and hardly remember going. I do it on automatic pilot. People could be having a party in the living room and I would not know about it.

I'm still yawning now and I wonder if that is an after effect or a sign that I need to sleep more. I'll just consider it an after effect. I may take a nap later this afternoon, but I'm going to stay up now. I'm too glad to be awake and feel the effects of my medication. The calmness of it all. The lack of stress. I hope it stays that way.

It was so funny to wake up with Tyke in my arms. I don't know how he got there, but it was very cozy. He had been there for a long time, I do remember that. That's the benefit of lying in bed, there's more room for the both of us. It is nice to have another warm body beside you, even if it is a dog. It's a living thing and it is lovable, so I am not complaining about that.

The cats had been locked out, but it didn't seem to have bothered them at all, At least they had been freed of the enthusiasm of the dog for a whole night and I'm sure they appreciated that. He does love Gandhi so much and constantly wants to play with her, until she is sick and tired of it and starts to complain. Luckily, she now has the sense to jump on the dining table where he can't get to her, but it sure took her a long time to figure that out. I guess she isn't that bright. Don't get me wrong, she's very sweet and I love her, but she's gullible and she lets Tyke get away with things, but always comes back to hang out with him.

Now I need some fresh air and I'm going to take him for a walk and have the wind blow the cobwebs from my mind. It's overcast and 4C outside. Not too cold, but not exactly balmy either.

Have a good day.



Twain12 said...

glad you had a good night, enjoy the walk

Symphony of Love said...

Nothing beats a good night sleep. I had restless night for the past two nights. Hoping for a good night sleep tonight.

Bernie said...

I too am going for a walk this afternoon. It is sunny and 7C with no wind.
Glad you are sleeping well my friend.......:-) Hugs

aims said...

You sound much like me some mornings. Sometimes it takes me until noon (and sometimes later) to get the cobwebs out and thinking straight.

How I envy you ten hours of sleep. OMG! It's been a very long time since I did that. I always feel so guilty. I get that from my mother. She whispers in my ear that I should work 24 hours a day. My brother hears her too so it's not only me.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I love having the cats sleep with me just because it is another nice warm body. Pets are great like that. It is hard to get going in the mornings or anytime of the day really. I have my moments of feeling inspired to do stuff then its drag again. Glad you have your pets for company and loving.