Thursday, March 25, 2010

A hot day for springtime...


My sister and I took the dogs for a long walk and the sun was shining and it was warm outside and I regretted my choice of clothes and the fact that I didn't have anything to drink with me. What I wanted more than anything was a cold Coke, but there weren't any around where we were walking and we only passed a hardware store. When we got home, Tyke immediately went to his water bowl and I went to the refrigerator to drink a lot of cold milk straight out of the bottle. I can do that, because I'm the only one who lives here.

I wanted to change my clothes, but I didn't have time, because my sister came to pick me up to go grocery shopping. We drove there with the windows rolled down and it felt good. Luckily, it was cool in the store, so I wasn't too miserable. I was done shopping quickly, because I almost always get the same old things and I know my way around the store by now. I got the French cheeses and Mr Muscle Cleaner. It's got to work as good as anything and it was on sale. I hope my domestic help is happy with it. She's got to scrub with it.

I first put the groceries away when I got home and then took my tights off and changed my top to a tank top and that was quite a relief. Now I have cool legs and cool arms. It's 20C and much warmer than they had predicted. The sun is shining and they said it would be 17C and cloudy. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 11C and rainy. I hope they get that wrong too. I complain about the cold, but 20C is plenty warm enough for me. It really doesn't need to get warmer than that.

I feel surprisingly unexcited without the urge to write many posts and without the feeling that I have much to announce. I don't feel that I need to declare myself on all sorts of subjects anyway. I'm a bit more subdued than I have been. I'm not quite happy with that, because I like to be a little more lively, with a little bit more spirit. I'll blame it on the too much of antipsychotic that I've had and that is slowly leaving my body. I don't think that was a very good move of my psychiatrist and I'm not happy with it. I've written my SPN an email letting her know, but she is out of the office today and won't get it until tomorrow morning. I'm taking my normal dose of antipsychotics tonight.

I'm going to lie down and take a nap.

Ciao,
Nora

3 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

wow 20C...enjoy :)
I like this temperature myself, i'm not big on heat. I like sweater weather to cool .
I hope you get the meds sorted out and a proper dosage.
Have a good day yourself

Bernie said...

Your day was actually quite nice Irene, a walk with your sister and Tyke and grocery shopping. What beautiful weather you are having, it is nicer here today, cloudy but much warmer +7C which is good considering it was -21 with wind chill yesterday.
Hope you had a good nap, talk soon
Big Hugs
Bernie

Gail said...

I have no idea how warm that is because I flunked the celsius/farenheit conversion formula, but it must be warm.

Sounds like a dapper day to me. A walk, a visit, shopping...who could beat that?