Thursday, March 11, 2010

Naps!


I was feeling a bit down and out this afternoon and that was not at all in my line of expectations, of course. I wanted to consistently feel good now and not have any dips. Luckily, after a while, I realized that what I needed was a nap, so I laid down on the sofa and took one. When I woke up an hour and a half later, I felt better and was awake just in time to take my medicines. I'm still yawning and I still need more sleep, but I'm saving that for tonight when I go to bed. I woke up because I thought there was someone at the door, but I must have imagined it. I thought I heard the buzzer of the outside door, but when I answered the intercom, there was no one there.

Yesterday evening a neighbor came by my door twice insisting that a package for him had been delivered at my apartment yesterday afternooon and I kept saying that it had not been because I had not been home myself. He was highly ticked off and at me too, I think. Somehow I had to magically make a package appear. He's a bit of a strange neighbor anyway, so I don't take it personally. He'll have to call the delivery people and find out what happened to it. He hasn't come back yet. Phew!

I'm having a wonderful glass of cold milk. I can't get enough of it. I had a cup of coffee to wake up with, but I prefer this glass of milk. I would like some short bread cookies to go with it, but alas, I will forego those. When I next go to the store, I'm going to buy myself a pot of Nutella, maybe two, and eat from those with a little teaspoon. Mmm...nutritious! And delicious! I'm looking forward to it very much. I can't eat a lot of it all at once because of my gastric band, so it limits the amount of bad I can do at one sitting. Well, I don't even sit down. I stand up by the kitchen counter and eat it. You take in less calories that way, you know!

It's freezing outside and partly cloudy. I don't want to go outside. I will let Tyke do his business out back. I really don't like the cold, especially not now anymore when it has lasted so long. I think we all need a proper spring day with pleasant temperatures and sunshine.

Oh lord, I'm yawning so very much. I don't want to go to bed yet. It is much too early. I must amuse myself here a little while longer. I have to lock my evil dog into the bedroom with me so he doesn't do any bad things while I sleep. I don't know if he will like that, but that's the way it's going to be. Him and all his toys.

Have a nice evening. I will try come and visit your blogs. If I don't fall asleep on the keyboard.

Ciao,
Nora

3 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

Nutella use to be my oldest favorite :)
Hope you'll have a restful night. I'm in my bedroom with my laptop and some TV running in the background feeling a little calmer now (thanks for topping by)

Gail said...

What is Nutella?

Rest well.

Bernie said...

Hope you rested well and that Tyke was good for you as you slept.

My nephew's wife (they live in Scotland) loves Nutella, I didn't care for it myself.

Hope you have a really good day my friend and that the weather is nicer today.......:-) Hugs