Sunday, March 07, 2010

At ease now, woman.


I'm slowing down, I really am, honest to God I am. I have just done two more things. I have downloaded my photographs and I have changed email programs, because the one I was using was refusing to send out emails and I could not answer any of yours, which was very frustrating. As it is now, I still can't answer any of those earlier emails, because they are stuck in the wrong email program, so you'll just have to send me another email or comment, so you can get a reply from me. I know you really don't mind doing that, because you're all such wonderful people who will do me that favor.

I should have been in bed already, but I've decided to unwind right here with a cup of decaf and a cigarette and my almost quiet dog by my side. I feel really tired now and it feels good and I look forward to going to bed and falling asleep with my book in my hands, providing the dog is quiet at last. It will be good to lie down with my aching body and my tired head and read until I fall asleep, which should not take too long.

--------------------

I tried to turn the computer off, but when I did, it said, "Do not turn off the computer, installing 1 of 81 updates." My goodness, that computer had been in that box for a long time, practically from the time it was bought. I had already been able to tell that it had not really been used and the receipts for everything were still in the box. I knew it was going to take a while for all those updates to download, so I took my medicines and put on my nathrobe and my slippers and made myself comfortable in my chair with a cup of decaf and in a very relaxed and meditative way, watched 81 updates being downloaded. You will think this is very boring, but it actually gave me a time out to relax and contemplate my navel and watch the numbers slowly dwindle down. I had a very pleasant and enjoyable time doing nothing but watching the numbers count down and it took a while too. I was not bored for one minute. but did nod off every once in a while.

When it was finished downloading the updates, it had to configure them, which took another while, but I had patience. After that, I downloaded the free AVG virus scanner and disinstalled the one that was in there. I also added the CCleaner for cleaning up superfluous messes. Run that through your computer every once in a while.

I'm now going to add the email addresses to my email program, because I'm still awake and it is in the wee hours of the night and I do like being awake then as you all know. I'm feeling very relaxed and mellow and oh so pleasantly pleased with myself. I figure I'll sleep tomorrow morning if I need to. It's too cozy now to go to bed.

Send me comments and emails, please. I do want to know if this email program is working. I'm assuming it is, but I won't believe it until I get actual mail.

Have a good morning when you wake up. I'm still typing this without the proper spell check.

Ciao,
Irene

4 comments:

Bernie said...

WOW you have accompolished a lot today....I am impressed with all you have accomplished.

You sound very well, happy and contented......this is a good thing.

Have a great day tomorrow my friend, ...........:-) Hugs

Gail said...

You have been busy, while I have slumped, once again, to the bottom.

I have napped, rested, blew my nose repeatedly and did nothing but drink lots of fluid.

I can only hope tomorrow will be better.

Breakfast in California said...

You wear me out just reading about your day! I hope you have my email address, as the one I have for you bounced back several times.

Raining here, and it's time for bed.

Have a great day!

Babaloo said...

Wow, you have been busy...