Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tell me about the weather...

I had to go to the diagnostic center for an intake meeting this morning and I had to look on the map to see where I had to go. It was raining and I had to get there on my bike, of course, and when I got to where I thought I had to be, the rain was dripping off my face and hair and I was pretty miserable. I had to look on the map again to find out exactly where I was, but I did locate the place.

I went through all this misery for an intake that lasted 15 minutes and then I was out the door again, facing the same rain on my way home. At least I knew where I was going now, but did illegally go down some one way streets the wrong way and acted like I knew not what I was doing. I thought whatever policeman caught me, would take pity on me. I was a confused, drowned rat, after all. Or so I would have him believe.

When I got home, I was so wet and cold that I swore I would never go out again and turned up the thermostat right away. It took about an hour to feel warm again and for my short hair to dry up funny.

I do know what time my procedure is going to take place on Friday now (11 am) and that I can not drink or eat anything from midnight on. That is going to be very tough and the doctor advised me to go to bed late and to sleep late in the morning. Sure thing, that is going to be so easy for me to do! I am not at all going to miss my cups of coffee when I wake up in the middle of the night like I always do, and when I wake up in the morning. I will just be a total grouch all morning long.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

I've had to do this fasting stuff too many times for an examination/scan. It is not easy but I advise you to take a bottle of drink & a sandwich with you so that you can relieve the fasting as soon as its over.
This awful weather knows no limit. Enough is enough.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Gail said...

may the procedure go well.