Monday, April 15, 2013

Feeling like Mighty Mouse...

I took a serious afternoon nap and I am still trying to recuperate from it, although I am not feeling grouchy. I am still yawning and need to wrap my mind around the fact that it is not nighttime yet and that there are some hours of daylight left. I am having my necessary cups of coffee and for once they are not upsetting my delicate gastric system. Soon enough the caffeine will start working and my mind will be working as good as if it were brand new.
 
I have not made it to the grocery store yet, although I am running low on food. I had planned to go this afternoon, but then it started to rain and I did not feel like riding my bike in it. Hopefully tomorrow it will be dry and I can get the foods I want because I am looking forward to eating something different than just yogurt and custard. I heard about a new soup that is supposed to taste good and be chunky and filling, so I think I will give it a try. Word of mouth advertising is still the best.
 
I rediscovered a big envelope of old photographs that I inherited from my paternal grandmother when she passed away. I took a good look at them this morning and I am afraid that most of the people on them are unfamiliar to me and on almost none of the photographs is there a description on the back of who is in them. Now I have one heck of a mystery on my hands because there is nobody left to ask it of. I think I recognize some people here and there, and some faces look familiar, but I can not be sure. I will put them in an album and let it go down in history as an unsolved mystery.
 
That is something I have to do anyway: put photos in albums. I have many of them lying around (well, neatly put away in envelopes) and I need to prepare them for posterity. I am sure my daughter would rather inherit them neatly arranged in albums with descriptions. It is going to be a bit of a job to do this and will keep me busy for a while, but first I have to buy the photo albums.
 
The sun has come out and now it looks beautiful outside and perfect to take Tyke for a walk. It is not really cold and the temperature inside with the windows open is pleasant also. I think Spring is really happening now. There are all sorts of flowers blooming and the hedges are turning green. It is a real pleasure to walk outside and see it all.

 

1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh the archiving of photos. Something on my endless to do list...

Good luck with the food reintroduction.

XO
WWW