Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Publishing.


I've published a story I wrote about 18 years ago on Facebook and have gotten excited responses to it. This is very encouraging and caused me to rewrite two poems as pieces of prose on the Six Sentences website and you can read those here and here. This has gotten me interested in writing more of these kinds of pieces and I'm hard at work to come up with more.

I've been sleeping erratically and have not had a normal night yet. I'm always up some part of the night, if not the whole night. Last night was a little bit better and I actually slept for 5 hours. The night before that I was up all night and functioned all day. I can't believe that I did, although I had a bit of a dip in the afternoon and didn't feel like getting the groceries that I ought to have gotten, so I only picked up a few things and will have the Exfactor do the rest today. Sometimes grocery shopping on my bike is more than I can handle and I gladly leave it to someone else to do.

I am done with my fourth painting and I am mildly pleased with it. I think maybe I need to add something to it and I will look at it again on Friday and see what that is. It has an unfinished feel to it and maybe that is why I only feel mildly pleased and didn't take a photo of it. Things don't always turn out the way you had planned, sometimes they need a little tweaking.

I've just taken a nap on the sofa and feel a bit better now. I was sitting in this chair like a limp dishrag. In the meantime, the Exfactor has come and done the groceries and I see that the store charged me more money for the dog food than I thought it was, but that must be because I buy the senior chunks and the price on the shelf must be for the regular chunks. It's a difference of 2 euros. That's very dear to me. He gets regular chunks from now on. It's expensive enough as it is. Man, why is good dog food so expensive? I don't want to feed him the junk dog food, yet you are almost forced to because of your budget. Anyway. I've got a lot of food in the house now, so I shouldn't have to go to the store soon. I hope not anyway. I can't afford it.

Now that I'm writing literary prose, I'm missing my inspiration to write a really good post. I sit here and try to think of something sensible to write and it just isn't happening. My head is busy doing totally different things. It is composing and becoming confused in the process, because I'm doing it in two languages, while I just need to do it in one. I must be a little bit addled because of lack of sleep.

Forgive me for writing such a short post, but I just can't think of a thing to add that's interesting. I hope I get out of the doldrums fast.

Have a good day, enjoy the weather if it's good. If not, be cozy inside.

Ciao,
Nora

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

I have been over to the two 6 word stories and they are very good particularly the spider one.
There is no holding you back now!

Nuts in May

John M. Mora said...

you are a great writer...w r i t e

Gail said...

Talent is pouring out of you!

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. I can't read your story on Facebook because I'm not registered with them. I really want to read it so I hope you'll be putting it on the blog as well - or maybe starting another blog to put your creative writing on - gathering together all the creative writing you do in one place. That would be better for some of your readers than having to go to many different places - not that I'm saying you shouldn't continue in all those other places as well of course. The more opportunities to publish your work the better.

I want to read that story!

Hope you are cozily asleep by now - or merrily engaged in a creative activity if sleep is not happening.

I am shooting for a 3am bedtime myself. Hope I make it. I've been going to bed at 4am for a while now. I need a good nights sleep!

Best wishes,
Bearfriend xx

Maureen said...

I shall have to pop by SS and FB; but not before I finish catching up on you here!