Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Out of the blue...


I was at my Wednesday morning creative therapy class and had a hunkering to paint a canvas there as well, but I didn't know if it was possible, because it is in a different room with a different therapist than the Monday and Friday one, and I had never seen anyone there work on a canvas, but I asked the question anyway and the therapist said she would look if she could track one down for me. A while later, she came back with the same size canvas that I work on in the other creative space, so I was mighty happy and proceeded to draw the picture I had drawn at home of the cow beneath the starstruck sky in the meadow with the pond and the fish in it. So, just out of the blue I was doing that painting and I've already started to paint the sky and the weeds in the pond. I had a mighty fine time and I was very impatient for the coffee break to be over, and the morning went by to quickly as usual.

Then, as I was riding my bike home, I decided to go and get my hair cut decently and rode my bike to the hairdresser where you don't need to make an appointment and had my hair washed and cut and blow dried for the low price of 15 Euros. It was a complete spur of the moment thing and I needed to get it done, because my own cut was not that terrific. I had the woman cut it real short on the sides and in the back and nothing from the top where it is already short enough. She put some gel in my hair for a spunky look and I felt like a million bucks when I walked out of there.

To top it all of, I opened a charge account on line with a store I like and ordered a skimpy dress and a funky cardigan and they will be delivered tomorrow. I suddenly felt like indulging myself and thought it was about time that I did something nice for myself. So, there's a new painting, a new haircut, and new clothes, and to celebrate it all, I'm going to have a nice cup of coffee and some cookies that the Exfactor brought with him when he was here the other day. No, I don't know why he always brings me cookies, unless he just wants to make me happy, because I don't buy them for myself. Perhaps he likes to see me round and chunky.

The woman at the hairdresser kept saying to me, "You have to sit up straight, Ma'am." I kept leaning over to the left, which I think I haven't done in a while. It's a puzzlement why I did it today. Maybe I do it lots of times and just don't realize it.

Now, from all the excitement, I have to go lie down on the sofa and rest my eyes for a while. I am suddenly very tired.

Have a good rest of the day!

Ciao,
Nora

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

That sounds like a great day - and very productive! Isn't it nice to feel like treating yourself? I don't very often either, but its almost as good as getting an unexpected present - not just the thing itself, but the caring for myself - when I do!
looking forward to seeing the painting when its finished!

Breakfast in California said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day. You sound very American in your writing, does it fit your mood or are you reading an American author? Can't wait to see your painting!

Irene said...

Hi Chris, I have been so frugal, I had forgotten how nice it is to treat myself. I can only do this once in a while and today seemed like the right day to do it. I was in the right mood to appreciate it anyway. Going to get my hair cut is always at treat. Getting new clothes is extra special - the anticipation!

I'll show that painting as soon as it is done.

Maggie May said...

What a great day you had! Gladf things are working out well for you right now. X

Nuts in May

Gail said...

What a charming day, everything you wanted, enjoy!

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. Glad things are going well in your new class.

Wonderful to be able to be spontaneous about the hairdresser like that. I'm sure spontaneity is a sign of confidence.

Skimpy dresses! Now that really is a sign of confidence!

Have to say you're sounding much happier.

Best wishes,
Bearfriend xx

laurie said...

love it. love the spontanaity.

Maureen said...

Good for you! I love to hear when people treat themselves for a change. You deserve it!