Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday at the short end.


I just woke up from a mega nap on the sofa and now I'm sitting here with my cup of strong coffee and my cigarette, trying to wake up properly, yawning a bit still. When I came home from creative therapy, I walked the dog, ate some lunch and laid down on the sofa. I had thought about being creative at home too and painting a picture, but I felt like sleeping. I slept well last night, but look at all the sleep I still had in me. Two and a half hours worth!

Creative therapy was lovely as usual. I worked on my fourth painting and basically just added second layers of paint to what I had painted so far, which amounts to about one third of the painting. I did the easy, large areas first and I have just started on the more detailed work. Unfortunately, it was time to go home then. The morning goes by so quickly, too quickly, if you ask me, and I could easily continue into the afternoon.

I've got my schedule for the new activities that I'm going to be starting November the 4th. I will have wood shop on Monday afternoons and creative class on Wednesday afternoons. I'm on a waiting list for another creative class for Thursdays, either in the afternoons or the mornings.These are not therapeutic classes. They are merely meant as activities and are guided by experts in that field. They are not also therapists.

So for a while I'm going to be having double the amount of classes, which I don't mind one bit, although it may be tougher than I think. It will only be for about one month, so I should be able to do that. The creative class is in the same space where I have my creative class on Mondays and Fridays now, so I can just continue with my work there, which I'm really thrilled about, because it won't be that different for me. Different people in the group and a different instructor, but what I do there will be the same. It may be possible that I will have to buy my own canvasses in that class, but that is no problem. Transporting them on my bike may be a little tough, but I'll figure out something. Maybe my sister can give me a ride. She'll have to anyway, to get those other ones home.

I was very worried about starting up the other program and leaving behind everything that was familiar to me, the therapists and the people, but now I think I'm going to be okay. I know the man who instructs the wood shop and he is very funny and kind, so I'm not worried about that and I'm going to be okay in the creative class. So, really, I think everything is going to be alright and I need not worry so much. "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself," as Teddy Roosevelt said. Or did he say, "Walk softly and carry a big stick." I think they both apply. I have a big African walking stick that I could bring with me. It is a massive thing with a big knob on it and you could easily knock someone out with it. It is carved out of one piece of wood and heavy. Maybe I should carry it and walk softly on my supple leather boots.

Tonight I will paint. I have my mind set on it. I have an idea for a painting and if it turns out well, I'll also do it on canvas. I'm going to be making a series of moonlight paintings. I've already started one and I want to make a few more. I've got a beautiful dark blue color for the sky in which the stars sparkle. I have to remember to find more cards with abstract depictions of animals. I must make it a point to look for those. It will be a mission I'll be on. I know the first place I'm going to look and that will be in the numerous albums of cards that are in the room where I have my Wednesday creative class now.

Alright, a picture has taken shape in my head and I know what I have to put down on paper, so I'm going to do that now. I'm quite excited about it and I hope it works out the way I think it will.

Oh, by the way, I'm still changing the image on my art blog every day, but I hate to have to remind you all the time. If you become a follower, I won't have to. Just a gentle hint.

Have a good evening. Send me good vibes while I paint.

Ciao,
Nora

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh have fun painting!

A woodworking class? Wow, how I would love to some of that. My brother used to do woodshop at school back in the days when they didn't allow girls to take it. We had to cook and sew... lucky kids nowadays that can choose whatever they want!

Gail said...

I hear the excitement. The teachers may be therapists, too, accidentilly of course.

Enjoy your journey and your painting.

Babaloo said...

Woodwork? Gosh, I've never tried that. Can't think that I'd be much good at it either. :)

How did the painting go?

Maggie May said...

Woodwork will be a real;y good change and a challenge! X

Nuts in May

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. You're so lucky to sleep so much!

Doing some carving would be wonderful. I've never done it. I'd like to have a go at carving jewelery, pendants, like Art Propelled.

Double the classes - well you're always saying you never get enough time ...

Best wishes,
Bearfriend xx

Anonymous said...

Of course you will be okay. Your positive attitude is an incredible way forward which will help you every step of the way.

CJ xx

laurie said...

woodworking should be fascinating.