Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday evening.


I took a two hour nap this afternoon and when I woke up, my short hair was in as good a shape as when I lied down two hours earlier. That's the benefit of having super short hair, it does not get messed up, which leads be to believe that it wasn't cut properly the last time I went to the hairdresser and it was supposedly cut short, but not short enough and I, with my eagle eyes, did not spot that, but from now on I will be alert to it and always make sure that it's cut to half an inch in the back and on the sides and even shorter in my neck and around my ears.

Tomorrow morning I have to go to the little post office in the supermarket and mail some packages, and I'm going to bring back the cans of dog food that I still have and buy something different for Jesker to eat. Something smaller and more nutritious, that's still flavorful and meaty. I want to do that, because I want him to get the bulk of his nutrition from his dried food, although it's going to be a bit of a stand off between the two of us. He will want to hold out for canned food and I will offer him dried food after he has had his small meaty meal. He won't know I'm doing it for his own good, but he'll have to get used to it.

I also have to go to the pharmacy to pick up my very important mood stabilizer, because I'm almost out of that one. I'm using Topamax, which was developed for epilepsy and migraines, but which is used successfully for bipolar disorder. It is the one medication that has helped me the most. It has made all the difference in how low and how high I get and has really evened me out, as far as that is possible. I still have my ups and downs, but they are nothing compared to what they used to be. I recommend this medication to anyone for whom Lithium hasn't worked. Oh, I'm not a professional. I don't think I'm supposed to make recommendations.

I have to be home all afternoon, because that's when I expect delivery of my new clothes that I ordered. They get here some time between noon and 6 pm, so that is a long wait. I'll have to get my errands done in the morning and walk Jesker before noon. Not that it's a problem. I should be able to get the show on the road on time. I just don't know when the little post office opens, so I'll have to call about that. There's a sign hanging up there with the opening times, but because I'm never wear my glasses, I can't read it, which makes me think I should wear my glasses, because today my right eye was acting funky and I noticed that I was not seeing well with it. Well, it is -3, so what can you expect? It's only vanity that prevents me from wearing my glasses, isn't that shallow of me? And nobody ever notices when I'm wearing them. I'll put them on tomorrow.

Tell me which one of you wears glasses and would rather not, but does it anyway because they see better with them? Help me get over my complex!

Well, it's time to go to bed. I'll put my pajamas on and have something to eat and then snuggle under the duvet with my book. Getting my pajamas on is always the best part. It means I;m officially out of function for the day, although I'm a little bit late with it tonight.

Sleep tight, have a good night.

Ciao,
Nora

6 comments:

Maggie May said...

I used to wear contact lens and then I got to middle age and found I needed reading glasses and then I found that I was wearing them over the top of the lens all the time which was ridiculous.Although I would prefer not to wear glasses, I now have to in order to see. vatrifocals are great but expensive!
Vanity goes with old age!

Hope you have a good night's sleep Norah! X

Maggie May said...

I used to wear contact lens and then I got to middle age and found I needed reading glasses and then I found that I was wearing them over the top of the lens all the time which was ridiculous.Although I would prefer not to wear glasses, I now have to in order to see. vatrifocals are great but expensive!
Vanity goes with old age!

Hope you have a good night's sleep Norah! X

Nuts in May

Gail said...

I have to wear mine or I will lose them. I spend as much time looking for them as I do looking for my cigarettes. Just lay them down and, oh well.

Sometimes I can find them on my face.

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. My hair requires very little attention from me in styling because it is very long, therefore it can't stick out! It doesn't matter how I have lain on it because the weight of it makes it lie flat and fairly straight anyway. It does desperately need dying at the moment though!

I have worn contact lenses for short sight since I was 14. I don't wear them when I'm at my very illest though - like the last 3 months - because they are such a faff with cleaning and disinfecting and neutralising and all the handwashing to limit germs.

Some people look good in glasses and I imagine your glasses to be very chic! I'm sure you look good in them. Glasses often make people look more intellectual as well. I don't think you should be worried about wearing them. Also an artist should not be missing out on details.

Have a good night's sleep,
Bearfriend xx

laurie said...

good lord, i've been wearing glasses since i was in third grade. i wouldn't be able to walk two feet without them.

do you think i look bad in glasses? you've seen my picture.

Maureen said...

I wear my glasses all the time, though I'd rather not. I tried contacts for a bit, but the doctor couldn't get the right mix to fix my astigmatism. * Sigh *