Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Post # 605


Don't you all just love my new template? I'm quite fond of it myself. I see myself as that frog, sitting there so comfortable with my arms folded over each other. I saw it and I knew that was it for me. That was the perfect Green Stone Woman image. I also like the colors and the layout. I didn't have to change a thing about it. Let me know if any of you have any problems with it. I'll see what I can do about it. The frog is staying, though.

I slept 4 1/2 hours last night and I feel like I've caught up on some off my lack of sleep. I was awfully tired when I went to bed last night and I hardly remember getting in bed and going to sleep. I don't even know if I read my book, though I woke up with the indentations of my reading glasses on my nose. I always love that when it happens, because it makes me look slightly Oriental.

I don't know about you, or if it's my age, but I always have night sweats and wake up with my T-shirt drenched and the sheet all wet. I'm assuming it is menopause, although I always think I must be way beyond that now. Maybe some women have it over longer periods of time. If anybody else has this, please let me know.

I have an appointment with my SPN this morning and she'll be happy to no longer see me depressed. I don't know what I am instead, but I'm not depressed. We're supposed to fill in those forms for the help in the household that I already got in the mail the other day and that I must not forget to bring. Other than that, my day is free and I want to get a lot of housework done. There's the laundry and the mopping of the floors and my bedroom to clean up. The inevitable dusting that goes on endlessly and shouldn't even be mentioned. I think the vacuum cleaner is plugged up again, so I'll have to take it apart and unplug it. I vacuumed up an awful lot of dog hair the other day when I was so industriously changing the living room around.

I'm still happy with the result, but I need more house plants. I need a potted palm, but I don't know if I have the right spot for it. I always assume they need a lot of light and I don't know if the spot I have in mind gets enough of that. I'm tempted to buy a ficus, but I have such bad luck with them. Except for the one that grew in my backyard in California. It grew to be a real tree that my son used to climb in.

Oh, I really feel like going back to bed and sleeping some more. I'm not nearly wide awake enough yet to get the show on the road. I'm suddenly hit with a great tiredness. All I want to do is go lie down and sleep. I think that's what I'll go do now.

Ciao,
Nora

9 comments:

Marian Dean said...

No Header/froggie or otherwise! Some blip in the works no doubt.

Love Granny

Marian Dean said...

Shook the page up a bit and it is now there, so no take any notice of last comment!!!

Love Granny

Chic Mama said...

Another lovely new look- love the frog. I love looking at pictures of frogs. They always look so wise.
Glad you are feeling better.

VioletSky said...

oooh, I love this one!
even before I started reading, I thought this is very restful and soothing looking. a definite keeper from this viewer!

Maggie May said...

Oh that frog...... Nora! I love it and the new look!

What will you do next, I wonder? Do keep this one for a while.

Nuts in May

Cate Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cate Rose said...

The template is wonderful, the colors are great.

It took a while to load, there was hardly any distinction between text and background color, hence my last comment which I subsequently deleted.

Elaine Denning said...

I love the Frog!

Yes, I get so HOT in the night you wouldn't believe it. I don't sweat much, but I just burn up on the inside. It's horrid, and it wakes me up and has me tossing and turning all over the place. And yes; it's due to having zero oestrogen (because I've stopped taking my hormones).

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. I've noticed that your photos at the top of each post are very different in character from before. I think they're more interesting. Also evidence of being in a very different headspace?

Bearfriend xx