Thursday, December 17, 2009

In the middle of the night.


I went to bed at 10 pm and found myself awake again at 2:30 am. There was nothing to do but to get up and make myself a cup of coffee and turn on the computer and enjoy the extremely wee hours of the early morning. There is still snow outside, but it doesn't look as if more fell since last night, leaving us with a thin powdery layer that right now is getting frozen at -4C. I do so like being up at this hour of the night and try to think of all sorts of things I could do now that I'm up and feeling well, besides writing this post and reading the blogs that I'm behind on. There are still the floors to mop...

It's too bad that I can't change the living room around anymore. I've done all I can do there. There's not a piece of furniture that needs moving, nor a picture that needs rehanging. From this point forward it is only cleaning that I have left to do and that, of course, is much less fun. I'm waiting for a burst of energy to come along and make me grab a bucket of suds and get to scrubbing. I've just made myself a second cup of coffee, so with a little bit of luck my burst of energy will come soon. Caffeine induced energy. I'll take it anyway it comes. A little bit of it will be of my own.

I'm almost done with 'Beachcombing for a Shipwrecked God' and it's turned out to be a surprisingly good novel and quite adventurous even at the end. I have a few pages left to read, but fell asleep last night with it. Then comes the big choice of what to read next, because I have so many books to pick from. I got two in the mail yesterday and they look good too. There are some novels I'm unable to get and it's frustrating me to no end. People who only send inside their own country have them and that's a lost cause. You can't even approach them. Bookmooch is very strict about that. There's no way to finagle your way into their hearts.

Well, it's slowly turning into morning, because I'm sitting here poking around as usual. Paying attention to everything around me as I try to write this. I'm also listening to music, which is slightly distracting me, as I've never heard this singer before. Or band, I suppose it is. I like weird music, but it can be a little too weird sometimes and then I just sit spellbound listening to it. I always imagine being young and being the lead singer in a band myself and what kind of music I would like it to be and I'm sure I would not like it to be middle of the road music. It would have to be slightly odd and unique.

I wonder how sleep inducing it is to write a blog post and how sleep inducing it is to read one or many of them. They are such very passive activities, aren't they? You use such few muscles and your brain doesn't get overly involved either, unless you're writing a masterpiece. We all know I'm not writing one of those today. I'm just chit chatting. Making noise on the screen. I have to go off and find a passionate activity to do, such as mopping the floors...

I'm just a little bit cold sitting here and I may turn up the heater just a notch. On the other hand, if I'm going to be physically active, I won't need to. I'm awfully hungry too and may eat breakfast early. I just hope it won't make me groggy.

Alright, I'm off to find my bucket. I saw it last in the bathroom, so that's where I'm headed.

I hope you all have a wonderful morning when you wake up and that you will be full of good cheer.

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

The trouble is...... if you stay up half the night and need the heater on and then you feel hungry..... its going to cost you twice as much to live!

Maybe you are switching to being a nocturnal being and then you will miss the sun light if and when it comes, as you will be sleeping.
Hope it all works out in the end, X

word verification is springo! So roll on the Springo!

Nuts in May

Gail said...

Hope your day is just the way you want it to be!

Babaloo said...

Gah, your sleep pattern is all messed up! My guess is that a lot of things would fall into place if you could sort out your sleep pattern and get enough sleep - like 7-8hrs in one go.

Wanting to scrub the floors at night is to be resisted, honestly! No good can come from it. ;-)

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. I've said it before, but I know for myself I will have no sanity if I don't maintain some sort of reasonable sleep pattern. Which means forcing myself into bed hopefully before 2am and then making myself stay there for as long as I can bear!

The difficulty is that at midnight I really feel that massive release of chemicals that we all have at that time and which make me feel just so much better. It's annoying it happens at bl**dy midnight! So I like to stay up a while after that so I don't miss out on the best hour or two of the day.

This is why so many depressives stay up all night and sleep during the day.

I know it's difficult to force yourself to stay in bed during the night. But sometimes you just have to be strict with yourself.

Which books are you wanting? Maybe I have them.

Bearfriend xx