Saturday, December 12, 2009

This morning...


I'm feeling less like a hypochondriac this morning and more like a regular person who probably just is fighting a little infection. All of your comments have shaken some common sense into me and it is what I needed. I do have an imagination that will go on the run with me, which is fine when you are writing works of fiction or creating art, but in real life it doesn't do you much good. It is much better to keep both feet firmly planted on the ground and stay in the moment and not imagine all sorts of far fetched scenarios.

Now, as you can see, I'm not at the grocery store, but still sitting here in my pajamas and having my coffee and cigarettes. It's awfully tough to get dressed in the morning when there is no one here to shout at you that you ought to get the show on the road. Actually, I will have to get that show on the road in about an hour, because I have an appointment with the hairdresser. I decided yesterday that I couldn't do a thing with my hair that looked halfway good and that it needed to be cut shorter. So, in a while I get to have the pleasure of someone washing my hair and fiddling with it, which I always very much enjoy. I do like going to the hairdresser. I would go once a week, if my hair grew that fast.

In the meantime, I'm taking advantage of my spare time between getting up and going there by answering my emails and directing the animals to the correct bowls of food. The cats are trying to eat the dog's food and he is letting them and no amount of interference on my part is making any difference. I chase them away and they keep coming back and the dog does nothing. He just lies there and watches them do it. He has no sense of ownership this morning. It has completely deserted him. Luckily, the cats have little stomachs and are quickly filled up and there's more than enough left for the dog.

I'm actually not too worried about doing the groceries, because I will be wearing my new boots and sporting a new haircut when I go and somehow that gives me courage. Isn't that funny? As if I will be a smarter and better person because of that. It's all in the image, people. I suppose I think it's what I show on the outside what counts. I'm sure I judge people the same way myself, although I'm not consciously aware of it. I must make all sorts of assumptions about how someone looks. It's very middle class of me. I told you before, I think, that I'm a little bit bourgeois, it runs in the family and it has for generations. That song of Jacques Brell would be very appropriate for my ancestors.

It's only 3C outside so it's actually a bit on the cold side. I don't know how much I like that, because it's also supposed to rain today. Most likely the wind will blow also and that will mean that it will be the kind of weather I like least of all. At least I will have the proper hairdo for it, indestructible. It's the only kind of hair to have in this climate, either very short or long in a pony tail. You can't have a Grace Kelly hairdo.

I've got to get dressed and walk the dog. He is patiently waiting for me. I will finish this when I get back from the hairdresser...



...I'm back from the hairdresser with a very good haircut. A new girl cut my hair, so it was a bit nerve wrecking in that I didn't know if she would follow my instructions well, but she did and cut it just the way I told her to and she did a very good job. So I am satisfied. Now I am exhausted and feel like taking a nap, as if going to the hairdresser has been a major job that I took on, when really it was nothing at all. Still, I feel very sleepy and I think I need to go lie down for a nap. I will have to do the groceries later after I wake up.

I did a food test on a vitamin website the other day and it analyzed my food intake and what vitamins and minerals I was short on. I was short on vitamins B and D and on iron. A special food supplement providing these elements is on its way to me now and I'm expecting it today. With my luck it will get here just as I'm sound asleep on the sofa and it won't fit through the mailbox slot. That will mean that somebody will ring the doorbell. Oh no!

I'm going to sleep now. Have a good day.

Ciao,
Nora

5 comments:

Gail said...

Nothing like a good hair cut to put a spring in your step.

You are doing fine. Sometimes I think too much and make things much worse than they really are.

Babaloo said...

Getting a haircut was a great idea! Glad you like it. Can we see a photo?

So funny that Jesker doesn't mind if the cats eat his food. Jack would absolutely kill Salem if tried to get too close to his bowl.

Have a lovely Saturday! xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you went out and got the new hair cut. Sometimes it is hard when it is not the person you are use to, but I'm glad she really listened to you and you are happy with it. Nothing worse than a bad hair cut. I know what you mean about going to get a hair cut, so relaxing and pampering, all about you. I love that feeling. I starting taking the girls with me, but I've decided to go alone, and enjoy my alone time, even if it is just me and the woman who shampoos, massages my scalp and cuts my hairs. Ever so often I treat myself to a deep conditioning. I LOVE IT.

It is so very cold here and the winds are horrible. There is no way to ride a bike, as there is ice on the rode. The wind makes it even hard to keep the car on the road sometimes. However, no snow yet, which is amazing for this time of year. I live in the snowbelt, and we have broken records for not getting snow yet. It is OK by me.

Enjoy your weekend. Try not to worry about your health. I use to do the same thing, and I know looking things up on the internet makes it worse!
Distract yourself with a good book.

XOXOXO
Cheryl

aims said...

What with everything that is going on with you these days - I am noting that the pics you are choosing are absolutely beautiful! They calm my soul just looking at them. Thank you!

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Nora. You're right - too much imagination never did anyone any good. After all, that's why artists and writers are often neurotic wrecks!

I hate going to the hairdresser - haven't been in many years now - so a new girl would have totally freaked me out. So glad she was up to snuff! It's great when people actually listen to what you want.

I hope you make it to the supermarket. I know what it's like to keep putting it off ... but it has to get done sometime. I'm putting off my own trip into the great outdoors right now writing this!

Best wishes,
Bearfriend xx