Friday, May 01, 2009

Friday at last.

The Überhund was playing with Gandhi early this morning in the bedroom, chasing her around while she hopped around on the furniture, so I woke up at 6:30, which was too early, but it couldn't be helped. I had set the alarm clock for seven and thought I might as well get up, because those two weren't about to quit their game. They were very feisty. It was give Mom a hard time morning.

So I put on my slippers and very drowsily made myself a cup of coffee and watched repeats of the news, which I shouldn't have done and which were all about the events of yesterday. It was not a good way to start the day.

I decided to get dressed and first had to decide what to wear and I wanted to look colorful, so I wore lavender colored leggings with a purple t-shirt and my black mini skirt and my brown boots. I added a blue necklace and a multi colored beaded necklace so I looked like a happy camper and all cheerful. It was like I was going to a party.

My hair was terribly squashed and I had to do some work to get it to stand up again the way it is supposed to, short of getting in the shower and washing it, for which I had no time. Then I took my extra strong hairspray, that can withstand hurricanes, and made it stay in place. It can poke your eye out. Caution!

In the meanwhile, the dog was laying by the door waiting for me to get done so I could take him out. He braves the hairspray and the perfume. He just sneezes a couple of times.

I now have everything planned so that I am consistently five minutes late to therapy, but I do miss all the traffic this way and am not in danger of getting run over when I have to cross the busy street. I figure my safety is worth something too, especially since my pedals are funky and don't always move me ahead when I think they will.

I made a complete sculpture this morning, but it wasn't a very difficult one and I am getting the hang of it, so I sculpt rapidly. The next one I'm going to make is more difficult, but I wanted to jack up my self esteem a bit by making an easy one first. Actually, it was easier than I thought it was going to be and I was surprised that I had finished it when the morning came to an end. It needs to dry just a little bit so I can hollow it out on Monday.

When I got home, I decided to write my new schedule down in my agenda, so that it would all become more clear to me and so that I could see on which days I was actually doing what. I have therapies on every day, but I have three afternoons off, so that's not too bad. I also have some holidays coming up. so some of these days are going to be canceled, which I think is a darn shame, because I want to go to those therapies.

The Exfactor's brother and sister in law are visiting him for a couple of days, but they are not planning on coming over to see me, which kind of surprises me, because I thought I got along well with the sister in law and had talked to her several times on the phone since our divorce. I'm not really put out, just a little bit surprised as I was expecting them to come by and it would have been a good reason for me to finish my house cleaning. I would have enjoyed seeing her, but I guess I'm really divorced from the family now.

I think Toby is all better. I haven't heard him sneeze at all today. He is very affectionate and hangs out in the kitchen all day long and whenever I go in there he is ready to be petted by me. He was such a miserable heap of a cat last week and now he is a nice normal cat again. Antibiotics are great!

That's all of my news for now. Tomorrow is another day of house cleaning. I really must get serious about the bathroom. I'll wake up with lots of energy and just do it.

Have a good evening, you all. The sun is shining here and has been all day.



aims said...

The therapies are so good for you Irene. You have really changed with them.

Hooray! on the sculpting. I think you have a real talent there.

Now - get some cleaning done. Don't you know the Queen might be coming over for tea? (with a bodyguard for sure so more people to judge how you've cleaned) :0)

Maggie May said...

Had to laugh at the last comment from Aims concerning the Queen coming for tea!
Glad everything went well for you today.
Have a good night, irene. X

Tessa said...

I'm so thrilled that you're sculpting again, Irene! I can't wait to see the finished result. I showed my sister the photos you took ofyour sculptures when she was here over the weekend and she was totally awed and amazed! Just could not believe that those were your first attempts at sculpture. Huge talent there, she announced.

Anonymous said...

How is that going so far, with such a busy schedule that you only have three afternoons off? How would you even have time to clean?

Frances said...

Ach - cleaning can be done some time.
glad to hear you went out looking spiffing as usual and that the sculpture went smoothly
Funny how divorce has odd effects - I suppose sometimes the fallout isn't clear till after. The main thing is that you and the Exfactor are friends. It is an important support for you.
I heard some details about that terrible car crash and the man who did it. Mysterious and sad.

Anonymous said...

I wake up to Daisy and Lilly having a time, play fighting and running throughout the house. Not my favorite way to wake up, I so understand. At least you have your coffee.

I love your colorful, happy outfit. My wardrobe consists of black, blue and red. I think I need a major change in this area. Color and what I wear does have a huge impact on my mood.

Congratulations on your sculpture. I knew you could do it and I like that your enjoying it now. Can't wait to hear about your next one.

I hope your weekend is great, and the house cleaning is over quickly.

Maureen said...

Oh you have me wanting to sculpt myself!!!

Incredible last photo; love it.

Anonymous said...