Friday, October 31, 2008

I did it.

This is the view from the front door where the Überhund daily drags me out into the street. We are going to go all the way to the end of the street.
This is a side view halfway down that street. If I am really lazy or cold, I go down this way.

Here is where we get to the end of the street and we turn the corner into the street that has all the tall trees that shed so many leaves and where the Überhund always tries to forage for food. Lord only knows what he is looking for.

Here is a side street we can take if we want to get home fast, but we won't do that today. That is only if it starts to rain or something.

We keep going straight ahead on the street with the tall trees, where the Überhund has hopefully pooped once or twice now.

Then we get to the busy intersection where we turn left, nothing but a lot of traffic here.

Until we get to this quiet road here, where we make a left turn away from the traffic and the noise...

...and we get a view of this, isn't that a whole lot better? We walk to the end of the path and....

...turn right to enter our neighborhood again. look at that lush green grass. Too bad it's from all the rain we've had. We go up this street a little way...

...and then turn left toward home. Behind the hedge on the right is the elementary school. Lots of shrieking children have their lunch breaks there. You do get to used to it. At the end of this road is an intersection....

...and once you are past the intersection, you are in our street again, albeit from a different direction, and look there...

Somebody we know lives there and behind those doors I know somebody is waiting for me...

Yes, It's nobody else but the most wonderful Überhund who didn't get to go on the walk with me, for fear of dropping the camera, while holding on to the leash and handling a poop baggy. Oh, poor dog!

Well, that was it, folks. A short walk through my neighbborhood. One day I'll do a longer distance one.

Ciao...

18 comments:

aims said...

Wow!

Nothing is I had envisioned it Irene! I had imagined more grass and less cementy material I guess. And where are all the people? I see cars but no people!

Didn't you say you go to a pond or lake or something where there are ducks? I think I was expecting that.

And everything is clean! OMG!

Poor Poor Uberhound. That look broke my heart. Poor sweetie.

I loved the walk around the neighbourhood my friend. It makes it easier now to think of where you are and where you are going with the Uberhound. I can walk along with you in my mind - and that has brought a smile to my very sad face my friend.

Thank you.

Bev said...

Yay! You did it!!!!

This was an excellent description of the walk and exactly what happens and I appreciated the minute details:0)

The Uber is a sweet dog. No wonder you love him so.

softinthehead said...

Lovely Irene - I really enjoyed that glimpse into your world. That's what I love about blogging, getting to know everyone all over the place, and it is great to see where you are. Well done! :) Like the new look too - I don't look closely for a couple of days and you've re-invented yourself :)

Wild Cat said...

What a great idea and such a beautiful hound!

lebanesa said...

Yay Irene! What a good idea and it reminds me of yet another promise never kept - that I would take a video of a proper walk round the park here.... I forget all these promises.
Poor old Uberhund - he looks most reproachful as he gazes mournfully at the camera! LOL

Cate Rose said...

Wow, Irene, it seems to quiet where you are. And so uncommercial. Where's all the action?
Have a great weekend!

laurie said...

that was great!

Maggie May said...

First impressions...... everything is so clean.
Irene I did enjoy being taken on that walk but I also can remember you talking about duck ponds.
I sincerely hope you don't end up with millions of visitors that you don't want! You were very specific in your directions! I will be round tomorrow! LOL!

Debi said...

love Love LOVE seeing your neighborhood, Irene! Thank you for taking the extra time (and thank you to the poor Uberhound who had to wait his turn) to do this for us.

I also see you're back to doing Art with your photos. Yay!

It is the Most Splendid Day.

VioletSky said...

Great idea to take pictures of your walk. This reminds of the area I lived in - Buitenvelderstslaan - a suburb of Amsterdam (almost in Amstelveen). Full of concrete and the university nearby.

Grit said...

i think this is a great idea! i loved going on that virtual walk with you! thank you! i may pinch this idea and walk everyone down to the co-op for a bottle of beer.

John M. Mora said...

is the kid with his finger in the damn dam?

The Artful Eye said...

So glad you got out and took photos of your surroundings. It's nice to visit each other in this way.

Babaloo said...

That was a great walk, thanks for taking us along with you!

Maureen said...

Cool! Great pics, Irene! It is much more modern than I expected... what a variety of old and new you have. And yes, so clean and green still! Sadly, all the leaves are off the trees here now and it looks like Mother Nature is just waiting for the snow to fall.

Thanks for the tour of your neighborhood!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Awesomely awesome. Great to see where you walk and to see what you see. The trees are looking so nice at this time of year.

Poooor dog! Give him a good ol pat for me. He's mastered THE look!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Awesomely awesome. Great to see where you walk and to see what you see. The trees are looking so nice at this time of year.

Poooor dog! Give him a good ol pat for me. He's mastered THE look!

walter and me said...

Great pics, and to see your surroundings! And especially good to see the uberhound at the end!Handsome boy!