Friday, October 17, 2008

Morning time.

I haven't done much this morning yet. Walked the dog, done the dishes, picked up the apartment a bit, ordered new and better dog and cat food on line, because the animals are terribly unhappy with what I've got for them now and I will donate what is left to the animal shelter. It so sad to see them circle their dishes and take a half hearted bite and then walk away again. The cats are getting Gourmet and the Überhund is getting Frolic and I am pretty sure that these will be the right choices, especially since he has had Frolic before and liked it. Personally, I go by the smell of the food and if it smells good to me and I am tempted to take a bite myself, I figure the animals must like it too.

I've had a very good sleep on the sofa last night, after the Überhund and I ate what was left in the small peanut butter jar with a teaspoon. It was mighty tasty and we had a real feast. I love the way he tries to eat of the spoon like a human does. Since I don't eat bread anymore, I thought we'd finish the peanut butter this way. It was an ingenious thought.

My SPN just called and we had a long talk and in talking with me she became worried about depersonalization and me losing contact with reality and possibly becoming psychotic, so we have raised my dose of Risperdal. I do feel a disconnectednes from the world and I still feel as if time is slipping me by and I am passively watching it happen. I suppose writing these posts is a way of staying connected to all of you.

It is very important that I keep a schedule in my day and there is no better way than taking the Überhund for walks regularly. I am glad to have him to force me to have the responsibility on a daily basis. It's good to be responsible for something other than myself, because I could easily let myself go. Sit around all day in my bathrobe without my hair combed and my make up done.

Writing wears me out. I am going to do some laundry. Dry the dishes and put them away. Have a cup of coffee. Breathe deeply.

Ciao...

8 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

And on that note I think I shall shower, get dressed, put my make-up on and do something constructive. It's 11.15 here and I'm being positively lazy.
Good for you, Irene! You are so good at monitoring yourself.

VioletSky said...

The days must be very long for you... Keep breathing.

CC said...

You have the right attitude, it is is very important that you keep a daily schedule and what could be better than walking your Überhund. You said writing wears you out so write when you can, I will be here waiting to read what you wish to share with your cyber community and friends. Have a great day!

softinthehead said...

Have a good day Irene. I must get up now too! I know exactly what you mean about having a routine otherwise we would all just drift.

Anonymous said...

I think keeping in contact with this amazing world of blogging is a great way to keep in touch with reality.

CJ xx

Wisewebwoman said...

Blogging is great Irene as is dog-walking. I live very similarly to you, the dog gives me more than I ever give her.
It is also hard to be heard and understood and blogging achieves that for me, I find myself in the midst of kindred spirits, like you.
None of us is perfect, we all just do the best we can with what we have been given.
Take heart.
XO
WWW

Bev said...

I am still waiting for some photos taken by your new camera :)

John M. Mora said...

bev.be.right