Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finally, the weekend.

The Exfactor came over yesterday afternoon to check on me and we had several cups of coffee and a decent conversation during which he talked about his new home and I talked about the SPN's concerns. Listening to him talking about his new home got me excited, because I had seen photographs of it and when he said that he still had to do a lot of unpacking, I immediately offered my services and, after some hesitation, he accepted them.

We took the train to Sittard and from there I took the bus to Born, while the Exfactor rode his bike there. He did some grocery shopping and we met each other almost right at the bus stop where I got off.

Born is a nice little town and the way to the cloisters is real pretty. It goes by the church and the cloisters is right behind it. Nuns used to live there, but it was closed when the last nuns were to old to live there any longer. It actually looks like a big villa and has a double garage with electric doors.

Inside there were many boxes to unpack, but luckily there was much built in storage and with a little bit of imagination, things were put away quickly. We paused for a glass of white wine every now and then and a cigarette, which I am sure the little nuns would have frowned upon. We were done in a few hours time and things looked much improved and almost cozy. The Exfactor just needs to hang some good posters on the walls and buy some lamps and it will look great.

The Exfactor has several browsers on his computer, like Linux and Dreamworks and everywhere his wallpaper is a picture of the Paramount. I think, "You left me for her?" It is inconceivable, but it is very obvious that he is very much in love, because what the heart is full of, the mouth flows over from.

I took the train back to Maastricht in the dark, which was very cozy and reminded me of the fact that I always like traveling in the evening, because of the solitary lights you see in the landscape until you get to a populated area. The #4 bus took me home, where the Überhund was waiting impatiently for me. We had a good old cuddle and I was glad to be in my own apartment again, surrounded by my own things, although I had taken an icon from the cloisters that was hanging next to a picture of Bambi. I have a perfect place to hang it up. It isn't a valuable one, don't worry.

So, that was my little impromptu adventure for that day and I must say that it was fun, because I do like creating order out of chaos and now I have a good idea of where the Exfactor lives. It's a very large place and you could roller skate in it.

I slept on the sofa as usual and had the most interesting dreams, which are too complicated to narrate here, but that do symbolize all sorts of things for me. Mostly how some men suffer under the wrath of a bossy and manipulative woman, and let it happen to them, and if they are set free, how they can achieve all sorts of marvelous things on their own. I think my first reference in this is my own father, who achieved a lot, but only under the very restrictive domination of my mother and I wonder what he could have achieved on his own. He might have been like Vincent van Gogh.

Anyway, today is Saturday and a very fine day to clean the apartment. I hope I can keep my mind on the tasks and just do them. Vacuum cleaning isn't that difficult, neither is scrubbing the toilet. You don't need a degree in civil engineering to do them, although I wouldn't mind the pay.

I am going to act as if this is just an ordinary day for me and not pay attention to the oddness of my frame of mind and hope it clears itself up. We'll see. The extra Risperdal may help.

Off I go to take my medicines and give the Überhund his and then we'll go for our walk in the crispy cold Autumn air.

Ciao...

8 comments:

Bev said...

I enjoyed reading this - I think it is very well written. I particularly like your observations about the wine wine and the nuns and the icon. Shame on you. LOL

I think you are a natural writer, you obviously observe a lot and put it down in a highly amusing way.

CC said...

You truly are a natural writer and I follow your blog every day. Your descriptiveness of your surrounding not just your exterior world, but also your inner world is so astonishingly open, honest, and endearing. I almost wish we lived in the same area of the world so I too, could take that #4 bus and see through your eyes the wonders that you do, and when the bus ride was over we could share our stories over a glass of white wine and a cigarette.

The Writer said...

Sounds like an interesting, and liberating trip for you, Irene. This is good!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

laurie said...

i love your description of taking the train at evening.

and i LOVE the bouncy header photos!

good luck evening out your mood. you sound good to me.

VioletSky said...

I would have been nosy enough to have gone too! I'd love to see inside the cloisters.

Stinking Billy said...

Irene, just a question I have often wondered about. The Americans pronounce Van Gough as Van Go, while we Brits say Van Goff. How is it actually pronounced in Dutch?

Irene said...

I'm afraid, Billy, that with both the G's you have to make a guttural sound that doesn't exist in English. The Arabs have such a sound and if you can make that, you can pronounce van Gogh's name properly. Our G sounds like you are clearing your throat. The H serves no purpose in this case. So, clear your throat with an O in the middle. That should do it.

Maureen said...

Very cool mini-trip there Irene! I haven't been on a train in decades ... I would love to take a trip on one again.