Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What's really wonderful.

You know what's really wonderful? I can eat a lot of rice, a whole big plate full and it doesn't make me sick. It just slides past my gastric band into my stomach, so I feel really full like a regular person does and that is so satisfying. Tonight I made Indonesian rice with peanut sauce and it was very good and it went down without a hitch. That's good, because I still haven't gone grocery shopping yet and that's all there was left to eat in the apartment. The Überhund also liked it very much.

Do you know what really stinks? Someone, a woman, asked me to go out on a Friday night with her to a café and have drinks and see if we could pick up any guys and I know that I really don't want to go. I don't want to pick up guys or be rejected by guys, I don't want to do any of it. I also don't want to get drunk or the least bit tipsy and I don't want to stand there like a piece of meat for sale. I know this woman is looking for a boyfriend always, so that would be the express purpose of going. I have never liked doing this and I never will.

So, I guess I'm not going, huh?

Oh shit, there goes that mood again. I have to talk myself out of it. Sorry, I have to cut this short and take care of myself, I'll go for a walk with the dog.

Ciao...

7 comments:

Bev said...

I think you are being very wise, Irene. I don't think your life needs any added complications:)

Maureen said...

Hah! Good for you Irene... don't feel obligated to go if you don't want to. After all, that's the big benefit of a single person's life; you can do whatever YOU want, no?

I never went in for that kind of thing even when I was young....

Hope you had a good walk! It is rainy and cold here; and I am desperately trying to get organized to fly to Toronto tomorrow... yikes! I'd better get back to work!

Take care!

Elaine Denning said...

I completely understand what you are saying and why you feel the way you do. But also, you can still go out and drink coffee or juice, and hold your head high, and laugh at all the people getting drunk and being stupid. Don't shut yourself away. x

John M. Mora said...

Irene is smart, trust Irene. Irene is brilliant. I heart Irene.

Be your own guardian angle, no angel, my dear. I mean this nice.y and not patronizingly....

You can just go out and observe the world. Smile. Listen. Hear.

Maggie May said...

I think you are very wise not to get involved with picking any one up. After all, you've had enough problems.

Was amazed that rice slides down so easily. Its the one thing that makes me feel that its stuck in a ball in my gullet! I have to drink water to shift it. Strange!

The Writer said...

So I hope you're feeling better and are doing what makes you feel most comfortable about the going out stuff. I think the worst pressure is the pressure we put on ourselves.

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

VioletSky said...

Quite right, Irene. Doing any of that does not sound like fun. Do only what you think is fun for yourself. I'd much rather sit in a cafe myself and observe.